Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures, everyone!

SK, I'll be curious to hear what he has to say.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't taken any because the flowers have all died off.

What else am I supposed to photograph?

How about the fox you crossed paths with before? Can't you find him and take his picture for us? I'm sure he's still around...

Okay, these first pics are taken out at Palo Duro Canyon, we love going there to explore the caves. My daughter took these. Sorry if some of them are large...

I missed these last night and didn't see them until just now. Love the diversity of scenes you chose to post. Please thank your daughter for allowing you to share the images with us. :)

Beautiful pictures, everyone!

SK, I'll be curious to hear what he has to say.

I am also. If he agrees to meet with me, I'll try to set up a time when we can shoot together. We have similar tastes in subjects, though he's a fan of Canon cameras, which could be a problem if I were to extol the virtues of Nikon. ;)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How about the fox you crossed paths with before? Can't you find him and take his picture for us? I'm sure he's still around...

Oh sure, I'll just whistle for him. "Here foxy!"

I'm waiting for some beautiful fall foliage. The trees are starting to turn colors around here. I love fall nature photos.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Until this morning, I hadn't been out with the camera in a few days, except for a birthday party I was guilt-tripped into working. I swear the more photos I capture of people (besides children), the less I want to be around them in general. Most of them are uninteresting and either preen too much or are too self-conscious to pose properly. I make up for it by aiming for candid shots when they're unaware, but it all just leaves me feeling morose and wanting to flee the area at the first opportune moment.

And if I hear one more time, "Your camera takes such good pictures," I'm going to break it over that person's head as a warning to everyone present not to insult me like that again.

Well, I won't ever really do that, but the fantasy is very pleasing to think about.

The best cure I've found to cleanse the soul of human stains is to visit places where no one is likely to be and soak up the natural surroundings as greedily as a dying person would welcome a blood transfusion. As the treatment takes effect, slowly the senses awaken to a symphony of sounds from every direction as animals and insects vie to be heard. The rising sun is warm, yet the breeze cool and comforting. Water rushes past as the tide recedes, uncovering mud flats that send up the pungent odor and salty taste of marine life long decayed while holding the promise of future births and renewal. The eyes flutter open, finally, overwhelmed by a diversity of life so vibrant and profound that the heart fills with appreciation until it threatens to burst.

The blemish of recent human interaction is reduced from experience then, if only for a while. And the camera, nestled between slightly shaking hands, is prepared to record greater meaning of life than just ourselves...

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
So what you're saying is, you want us to start posting a whole bunch of people pictures, right, SK? :D

*flees thread*

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
So what you're saying is, you want us to start posting a whole bunch of people pictures, right, SK? :D

*flees thread*

That brightened my mood, a lot, thank you. :)

Can anyone guess what this anhinga has caught? I couldn't tell what it was at first and watched him thrash it all about as if to beat the life out of it. It's not an animal or any other type of creature:

10-6-12029-SM.jpg

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
aw meet up at sk's house!

Eta: he can take pics meeeting.

:D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
That brightened my mood, a lot, thank you. :)

Can anyone guess what this anhinga has caught? I couldn't tell what it was at first and watched him thrash it all about as if to beat the life out of it. It's not an animal or any other type of creature:

10-6-12029-SM.jpg

At first glance I thought that it was a bird. :( But it looks fuzzy, not feathery. A rag? Sock? Hat? :Shrug:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like a bird.

A hat? A sock? a jock strap?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
aw meet up at sk's house!

Eta: he can take pics meeeting.

:D

Oh, I would shoot that gathering with pleasure. :Thumbs:

At first glance I thought that it was a bird. :( But it looks fuzzy, not feathery. A rag? Sock? Hat? :Shrug:

Wow! You are quite astute, my friend. It is a sock, which is obvious now but wasn't earlier:

10-6-12033-SM.jpg

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
I finally made it through the thread, and it was a wonderful journey.

Awesome thread, SK.

Beautiful pictures, everyone. Thank you all for sharing. :)

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: NF. Yes, I agree completely. :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I finally made it through the thread, and it was a wonderful journey.

Awesome thread, SK.

Beautiful pictures, everyone. Thank you all for sharing. :)

It should be noted that I heard from Lance via rep comments when he started at the beginning of this thread and has made his way through to the current discussion.

This is a long thread, and he's read through every post. I told him earlier that I'm humbled by his dedication and so very pleased that he has been moved by the images we've shared here.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
He even made it through the Cray postings. Now that's dedication. :Clap: This is a thread, that going back through it never gets boring. Some wonderful, beautiful, and amazing photos in here. Anyone who doesn't take the time to go through it is missing out.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, here is our unexpected guest. He is a Royal Crowned Horntoad [I believe]. I'm sure Wicked will know if I'm wrong ;)

Ahortoad.png

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, here is our unexpected guest. He is a Royal Crowned Horntoad [I believe]. I'm sure Wicked will know if I'm wrong ;)

Unfortunately my knowledge in the lizard area is iffy at best.

He is so cute I shall permit myself a moment of "squea" over the itsy bitsy lizard. Awwww. Such cuteness. That is absolutely precious.
hearts-031.gif

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't he so cute?!

Question, what kind of spider is in your avi?

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't he so cute?!

Question, what kind of spider is in your avi?

Phidippus audax, Bold Jumping Spider. At the moment anyway, I change my spider avatars from time to time. If it's the one sitting on the candy heart, that is the one.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, that horny toad (that's what we've always called them here :p ) is sooo cute!! It's been a while since I've seen one, but they used to be very thick here. Not so much anymore. :(

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Phidippus audax, Bold Jumping Spider. At the moment anyway, I change my spider avatars from time to time. If it's the one sitting on the candy heart, that is the one.

Is it a spider you currently own, or is it just a really cool photo?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, that horny toad (that's what we've always called them here :p ) is sooo cute!! It's been a while since I've seen one, but they used to be very thick here. Not so much anymore. :(

I know, I had not see one in years. I was a little kid when I saw the last one.

I read an article that said they are in decline. They are a slower lizard and neighborhood cats / peoples' outdoor cats - like to eat them, according to the article.

Poor things.

And yeah, we called hornytoads too ;)