Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I'm not a gamer, but the bad guy in my mystery is a huge WoW player. Yike. Characters can cause so much work! So I did a ton of Net research, wrote the 2 chapters where the guy's group (eek, I've forgotten already) are in a battle at a Net cafe, and snagged a guy at work who is a HUGE WoW player to beta that part. He gave me a thumbs-up on the technical details. I confess to wondering where gamers get the time for it. It's a time-pit.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I confess to wondering where gamers get the time for it. It's a time-pit.

In my case, I became a hermit. :)

Off topic - The Facebook link in your sig is wrong by the way. It leads to the FB home page, so if anyone clicks it, they get their own page. ;)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net

Off topic - The Facebook link in your sig is wrong by the way. It leads to the FB home page, so if anyone clicks it, they get their own page. ;)

Bah. Thanks. I'll fix it after work. The firewalls here block all those types of sites.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
OK, I'll 'fess.

I had ME for 3 years. I could do almost nothing that involved actually moving. WOW saved me from the madness of lonlieness while my husband was at work and my kids were at school.

Before I broke my addiction ( the same time I decided to stopping faffing about with this writing malarky and treating it like a bit of a giggle. Time to get serious!) I was on the Dragon blight EU server. I was a 'lock ( Ilfayne), a priest ( Kissmequick - my forum alter ego. Dwarf women r teh sexeh!) and a rogue ( Hilden) + half a dozen alts round and about.

But I confess I spent waaaay more time on the forums. I arranged the OT forum booze up in London, where we met some of the mods, including the sexy Ommra. KMQ got a bit of a name for herself, and a wowwiki entry lol. The Off Topic forum was in fact where I found my first beta readers - and it was one of them who encouraged me to take up my writing again after I'd pretty much given up, and that's when I decided to get serious.

So I quit. Now I've got rid of my ME, I'm addicted to these forums instead lol. And I play WAR, but only a bit. I learnt my lesson on that one the hard way...

Last edited:

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I have always being curious but can't pay the fee since foreign money is restricted, don't have a credit card if they weren't and don't play the free version to the whole drama of becoming addicted to it.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
While I played, I was incredibly popular with my gaming buddies due to my PvP skills.

At various points in time, I had active max-level characters on the following US servers: Ursin, Chromaggus, Anetheron, and Blackrock.

I was also a forum personality on the US warlock forums, but I'm not really willing to disclose my identity.

Last edited:

Abraham

Registered
Reaction score
Abraham - 80 Undead Priest on Whisperwind but currently account is inactive.

Been playing since 2005 with a few breaks here and there. Stopped playing out of boredom, lack of time and lack on money. It's hard especially at 80 where if you want to do anything you need like a 5 hour block of time. I'm getting the itch again to go back though...

Abraham

Registered
Reaction score
But I confess I spent waaaay more time on the forums. I arranged the OT forum booze up in London, where we met some of the mods, including the sexy Ommra. KMQ got a bit of a name for herself, and a wowwiki entry lol. The Off Topic forum was in fact where I found my first beta readers - and it was one of them who encouraged me to take up my writing again after I'd pretty much given up, and that's when I decided to get serious.

So I quit. Now I've got rid of my ME, I'm addicted to these forums instead lol. And I play WAR, but only a bit. I learnt my lesson on that one the hard way...

The WoW forums can be a lot of fun. Part of the reason I cancelled my subscription was I was spending more time on the forums than in the game.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
The forums were great fun ... if you were a masochist. The whining there is incredible. I've seen nothing like it, before or since. Noskill loser scrubs pouring tears into the keyboard 24/7/365.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
The forums were great fun ... if you were a masochist. The whining there is incredible. I've seen nothing like it, before or since. Noskill loser scrubs pouring tears into the keyboard 365/24/7.

Yup, bloody terrible. I avoided the forums like the plague, only going there if I absolutely HAD to (or needed a laugh). :)

Tocotin

deceives
Registered
Reaction score
I'm taking a break from WoW now but I'll come back.

My main is an UD girl warlock, but I also have a bunch of orcs and a Belf priest. All on Lightninghoof.

FOR THE HORDE

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Kablooey, II Gnomeron Combat Engineers Corps.

59th level Gnomish Warlock/Tinkerer. BOOM goes the dynamite!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I much prefer my LOTRO alter-ego:

Spamwise Hamgee, 56th level hobbit minstrel, Supreme Master Chef, Arkenstone server.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I much prefer my LOTRO alter-ego:

Spamwise Hamgee, 56th level hobbit minstrel, Supreme Master Chef, Arkenstone server.

Best. Name. Evar.

Tried LoTRO, but none of my mates wanted to come over with me. :(
Lost interest by level 19. Had a nice house by then though. :)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
ithankyou. I am eternally grateful that no one at Turbine ever decided it was too sacrilegious to be allowable.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I have been a CoH/CoV fan for about three years now. Love it. They now have made it so the players can format missions/story lines. I have about 45 toons spread over the different servers. I play with very few kids. You'd be surprised at the ages of many of the players.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I could never get "into" CoH/V, just didn't grab. The fact that I was playing two other MMOs at the same time probably didn't help... :D

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score

you say that like its a BAD thing....

we hermits just have more time for more games, so nyah nyah...

by the way, why is it that men/boys that find out that I'm both a girl and a gamer start to get that glassy eyed glazed doughnut look??

:p

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
you say that like its a BAD thing....

we hermits just have more time for more games, so nyah nyah...

I traded my hermit like gamer life for a hermit like writer life. There's little difference. :D

by the way, why is it that men/boys that find out that I'm both a girl and a gamer start to get that glassy eyed glazed doughnut look??

:p

Because their two favourite things (shooting things and the opposite sex) just appeared together in ONE package!

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
I traded my hermit like gamer life for a hermit like writer life. There's little difference. :D

Because their two favourite things (shooting things and the opposite sex) just appeared together in ONE package!

It just makes me hear in my head (along with the other voices).... its my robot, a GIRL robot!

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
It just makes me hear in my head (along with the other voices).... its my robot, a GIRL robot!

I don't get the reference. :(

Adam, suddenly feeling inadequate.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
*whispers* my voices don't talk to you silly *whispers*

Sometimes my own voices don't talk to me. Generally when I need them. :(

On topic: I miss my Shadow Priest.

Not enough to restart my sub, though. ;)

Last edited:

Easyrider77

Cocked. Locked. Readytorock.
Registered
Reaction score
Wormrider
80 Fury/Prot Warrior
Blade's Edge

<-----total addict. WoW is the reason my first book took a year to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.