The ONLY thing I care about leaving in high school...

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
You are obviously very talented (and we'll not go into exactly how talented Alley is indicating you might be) and I think it is awesome you have something to miss in high school.

I loved my sports and a few of my friends, but I couldn't wait to get the heck out of high school. Still don't miss it and it's been a while. I had some good times but I had better ones later and I knew they were on the way. I grew up in a small town where everyone knew everyone and their cousins, plus I just had a really strange experiences with teachers, so I rushed through the last part of high school and then ran. You've formed some amazing bonds, enjoy them, live every minute of it up, and just have fun. . .You can worry about nostalgia or the lack thereof later.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't imply anything. I'm just an innocent little kitty cat.

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
So after twelve grueling years, I'm finally done with high school.

Holy CRAP! You've been in high school for twelve years? What are you, like 30 now? You must be real stoopid. :)

Congrats on your pending graduation! As the others have said, don't be in a terrible rush to move on. There's plenty of time for the rest of your life. Make sure you to take the time to enjoy the small moments as they come.

Peace :)

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
I will not be crying at graduation like my pansyass friends.

I don't really have a lot to say, other then once you have a great musical experience, it's hard for anything to replicate that.

And that crying does not make anyone a pansyass. Sure, I didn't cry at my graduation this year, but I sure as heck cried last night as I performed with my choir for the last time for at least four years - maybe forever depending on where I live after college. Crying is a sign of emotion and it doesn't make you a pansyass anymore than laughing at a lame joke does.

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
Know what? My 20 year reunion is next year and there's still not a single thing I miss about high school. Not one blessed thing.

Now college? That's a completely different story. *sigh*

Congrats, Nancyjane. :)

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
As far as music goes, look beyond the school orchestra.
If you want to keep playing and getting better, look for local & symphony gigs, look for and/or post an "I want to start a group" ad up on the student activity center board, craigslist, etc.

There's cool stuff waiting for you up ahead. (Even if it did take you twelve years to get through high school. geez.)

Just PLEASE, keep playing. Writers write, Musicians play, birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly

... or something like that... hmmm

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I was kinda joking when I called my friends pansies...I cry all the time. Just won't be crying over high school.

I'll definitely be looking beyond the school orchestra. It'll be tough to get gigs, because of the conservatory down the street, but well...I've never been one to make things easy for myself. But I've also never been one to give up when they're tough. I'm one of those contrary people who take the obstacle course instead of the paved path to greatness :D

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
I'm one of those contrary people who take the obstacle course instead of the paved path to greatness :D
I used to have a friend in college for whom we named the Chris Method. The Chris Method was supposed to be easier than the easiest way to do something, but always turned out being harder than the hardest way.

Perhaps we should rename that the Danger Jane Method?

And I wouldn't worry a bit about finding a time and a place to play. Especially in college, opportunities to play are all over the place, conservatory down the street or not. That guy in the Dave Matthews Band found an outlet. :)