Hi!

Howl House

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm Shel. It's good to be here, it's been a long time since I've posted in any forums. I look forward to loitering here, it looks like a busy place...

About me (briefly): I'm 35, I live in Toronto with my spouse, stepdaughters, two dogs, one cat, and turtle. My oldest is trying to add a bunny to the mix. We'll see.

I'm the editor at Howl House Press, and we're currently accepting submissions for an anthology; target date for publication is December 1, 2009. We can be found at http://www.howlhouse.com; submission guidelines have also been posted elsewhere on the forum.

I write short fiction and screenplays, for the most part. I've just started working on an idea for a TV pilot. I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but that one's been a lot of fun...

I also work for an engineering firm as a project coordinator. That's my daytime, paying job. I like it well enough, engineers are an interesting breed.

I haven't poked through much of the board, so I'm going to go and do that now. No small feat, I'm sure. :) Talk to you soon!

Shel~

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Welcome, Shel, AW is a big place and there's much to explore as I'm sure you're finding out. There are so many things related to writing and most are covered here. Have fun as you poke around the forums and threads. Have fun!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Shel!

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

I also work for an engineering firm as a project coordinator. That's my daytime, paying job. I like it well enough, engineers are an interesting breed.
Yes, we are. There are quite a few of us running loose around the site. They let us out every now and then to terrorize the literary folks with tales of quantum physics and calculus. :e2teeth:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler
Emotewelcome.gif

I'm sure you'll fit in nicely here. It gets crazy, but that's all part of the fun :D . Don't forget to read the newbie guide, which is in a sticky thread at the top of the Newbie Forum. If you have any problems you can PM (private message) me and I'll see if I can help, or you can post in the Super-Dooper Newbie 'Ask the Mod' thread at the top of the newbie forum.

To find out about the various buttons and icons, and also about rep points, how to PM (private message) members, custom avatars and a whole host of other useful stuff, check out Cathy_C's thread, which is also stickied at the top of the Newbie forum, Next on our tour, if you'll look to the left, you'll notice...

And for fun, we have the terrific Newbie Question of the Day thread. Pop in and have a go at answering a few of the really easy questions (the link is in the sig line below). They are easy. Yep, they are. And it's so much fun.

Oh, and do you like double choc-chip cookies?
biggrin.gif

Howl House

Registered
Reaction score
You are a very warm bunch. Been here not even a day, and you've got popcorn and cookies at the ready. Thank you so much. :)