Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I am forced to take a break from writing to finish up grad school work, all work is on pause until further notice. :(
We'll miss you, Mister Scipperdoo (which is only funny if you've watched the extras on the DVD for "The Incredibles"). Good luck on the grad work, and drop in from time to time and let us know how you're doing. Or, you know, hang here constantly and whine if you want, too. (We don't mind as long as you flex your muscles.)

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We'll miss you, Mister Scipperdoo (which is only funny if you've watched the extras on the DVD for "The Incredibles"). Good luck on the grad work, and drop in from time to time and let us know how you're doing. Or, you know, hang here constantly and whine if you want, too. (We don't mind as long as you flex your muscles.)

What she said. I get to stay here, even though I have no muscles to flex. :D

Good luck, Scip!

ETA: Nobody knows Top Gun? I am scandalized!

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to properly drown the sleezy two bit actor so it doesn't look like an apparent homicide?

I have some thoughts.....but they are COLD thoughts...

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't there a drug that paralyzes, but doesn't leave any real trace evidence in the autopsy?

That would be cool, if your characters have a logical way to get their hands on such a thing.

Just a thought. :D Or, if your sleazy actor is prone to abusing prescription drugs, maybe you could have someone slip him a little extra, and then you could make it look like he drowned due to an accidental overdose...

Anthony Matias

Registered
Reaction score
Along the same lines as Cranky's thoughts, you could research parasites that are in water and that are fatal to humans and then slip him some of them. Maybe you can find one that is nice and painful too!

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Along the same lines as Cranky's thoughts, you could research parasites that are in water and that are fatal to humans and then slip him some of them. Maybe you can find one that is nice and painful too!

Wasn't there an episode of CSI:NY that had something similiar in it? Like some kind of octopus or something, IIRC. Not a parasite, but still squicky...

Gooch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cinemafromage.com
Back from the Dead.....

Allrighty, I disappeared here for quite a bit (month or so?). The creative side has been somewhat dry as far as the fiction goes, but I haven't been TOTALLY lazy in my absence! AND it's all been Horror related!

First up, I had 3 stories out for submission, 1 I didn't was worth the effort. Since I last posted, all 3 stories have been rejected! Woo! They've all been resubmitted else where though and the one that was on lying dormant, I decided the hell with it and sent it out too!

Then in the other news:

My writing 'career' started with writing about horror movies on my blog at www.cinemafromage.com. I eventually was asked to be a contributor to www.BloodyGoodHorror.com as well, which I did. This was all before the break...

During the break, our Bloody Good Podcast crew were in attendance at a large Indianapolis Horror Con called Horror Hound Weekend where I got to network, spread the word, etc. etc. etc.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ccriswell/HorrorHoundMarch08

Then, following that, I launched a NEW podcast called 'Midnight Muenster' dedicated to indie horror and direct to video stuff. (Still part of the bloody good podcast too)

http://midnightmuenster.podomatic.com/

I've also talked to one of the mags I sent the 'back burner' story to and I may be contributing horror DVD reviews to the mag here starting in the next issue....

And after all that....

I got to take a vacation!

Phew....

So, not dead, starting up the fiction stuff again, all the good stuff.

And I'm fully prepared for the back log of whippings.

Edit: Oh Snap! Forgot the coolest bit! Also in that break, I am now a 'Official' Guest at the Indianapolis InConJunction SciFi Con (http://www.inconjunction.org/dept/moreinfo/) in July! Their theme is 'Weird Science' and I'll be leading a panel on Frankenstein: From Karlof to DeNiro'! *does little dance for being listed on the same guest list as John Scalzi* (Casey Criswell on the guest list, Bio should be up shortly!)

And most horrific of all, I had to dress up as a hot dog in that break too.

april2008294ua4.jpg

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't there a drug that paralyzes, but doesn't leave any real trace evidence in the autopsy?

That would be cool, if your characters have a logical way to get their hands on such a thing.

Just a thought. :D Or, if your sleazy actor is prone to abusing prescription drugs, maybe you could have someone slip him a little extra, and then you could make it look like he drowned due to an accidental overdose...

He was in rehab for the drugs. That is where he met the MC's sister, and the sister is why he has to die.

I may love you for that idea. I will write it out and see if it stands the 'overnight' test.

If I don't hate it overnight...it is in.:Hug2:

(That is an evil hug, BTW...I don't want you thinking I'm all nice and stuff...)

Gooch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cinemafromage.com
I could have sworn I posted this a minute ago, but now it's disappeared. So if it pops up somewhere else, sorry!

Anywho....

Thanks Anthony, appreciate it!

And in other news, since i posted my update two posts up, just got this in my inbox!

"“Thank you for your submission to 20 Cent Fiction’s production of “The Jack” literary magazine. We please to announce that your short story “Jackboots for Jesus” will be included in this year’s edition. Please look for the release of our publication at UMass Dartmouth in May, 2008.”

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He was in rehab for the drugs. That is where he met the MC's sister, and the sister is why he has to die.

I may love you for that idea. I will write it out and see if it stands the 'overnight' test.

If I don't hate it overnight...it is in.:Hug2:

(That is an evil hug, BTW...I don't want you thinking I'm all nice and stuff...)

Evil love? That's awesome! Let us know if it works out.

And congrats, Gooch!

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
Congrats Gooch!

I thought I'd come by, flex my muscles for the ladies, and give an update...I wrote 5000 words on Grad school stuff the last two nights. I still have 2 major papers to write by next tuesday so my word count will be well above that. Too bad they are not more productive words.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Gooch-welcome home.:hooray:

Scip-I suppose grad school is a little bit important, but do stop in from time to time to say "hey."

Gooch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cinemafromage.com
Thanks all!

In light of yesterday's acceptance email, I got inspired! So far, I knocked out about 1k words on another story idea I've been kicking around for awhile!

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Gooch, we are amazed and pleased.
:whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

And Scip? It's writing, is it not? And for an important degree. We are most pleased. (And LOVE your flexing pose.)
:whip::whip::whip:

Well done! Now...more output! More, I say!

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Passing on a message from Anthony to everyone: He says he's going to be trying to get some writing done while he's away.

And Jeanne, he's gonna miss the whips! :D

lostgirl

Always Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisadovichi.com
Hey Guys, I can't believe it's Friday already...

This week I:

1.) stayed on track for Club 100
2.) wrote, submitted, and had accepted six articles
3.) submitted a photo I took that was accepted for one of the articles listed above
4.) submitted The Sandwich (revised version)
5.) finished and submitted Dear Blobbin
6.) submitted A New Friend
7.) about 3/4 done with I'm a Dinosaur (I'll get it finished this weekend, hopefully)
8.) submitted an essay to Chicken Soup for the Soul -- Cat Lovers
9.) started work on The Bogle -- a creepy novella about a girl getting kidnapped by a (yep) Bogle about 500 words
10.) added another 1500 words on WIP Prophecy's Guardians
11.) designed and completed a logo for a farm in Texas
12.) brainstormed book ideas with the lovely Jeanne as well as read and critted her various ongoing projects :D

You guys are doing great, keep up the good work and I'll see you next week
Peace!

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Passing on a message from Anthony to everyone: He says he's going to be trying to get some writing done while he's away.

And Jeanne, he's gonna miss the whips! :D
Not to worry. Herman sent a delegation of USSLs along with him. Anthony is NOT alone...if you get my drift...

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
wrote two vignettes both about 500 words each. One was a true event and the other was about a nightmare I had--Nothing of interest to report. Still writing:) Goal to write this weekend 400-800 words.
Well done! We are most pleased! Will these vingnettes turn into shorts or scenes in a novel? Whipping minds want to know!

And, excellent goals. :eek::eek::eek:

Now...let's get out there and make them happen. More output! More, I say!

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Hey Guys, I can't believe it's Friday already...

This week I:

1.) stayed on track for Club 100
2.) wrote, submitted, and had accepted six articles
3.) submitted a photo I took that was accepted for one of the articles listed above
4.) submitted The Sandwich (revised version)
5.) finished and submitted Dear Blobbin
6.) submitted A New Friend
7.) about 3/4 done with I'm a Dinosaur (I'll get it finished this weekend, hopefully)
8.) submitted an essay to Chicken Soup for the Soul -- Cat Lovers
9.) started work on The Bogle -- a creepy novella about a girl getting kidnapped by a (yep) Bogle about 500 words
10.) added another 1500 words on WIP Prophecy's Guardians
11.) designed and completed a logo for a farm in Texas
12.) brainstormed book ideas with the lovely Jeanne as well as read and critted her various ongoing projects :D

You guys are doing great, keep up the good work and I'll see you next week
Peace!
Nicely done, we are MOST pleased!

:whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

We would be more pleased to know how MANY days of Club 100, but we let it pass. We are kind that way. (Of course, we may not feel kind NEXT week...:e2chain:)

And, while we love your output, we are forced to ask...is it enough?

And forced to say...of course not! More output! MORE I say!

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
wrote two vignettes both about 500 words each. One was a true event and the other was about a nightmare I had--Nothing of interest to report. Still writing:) Goal to write this weekend 400-800 words.

Well done! We are most pleased! Will these vingnettes turn into shorts or scenes in a novel? Whipping minds want to know!

And, excellent goals. :eek::eek::eek:

Now...let's get out there and make them happen. More output! More, I say!
not a novel gal. Short stories:) yes they always have that potential. I have had ones who became short stories--in the past. I use it mainly as a way of keeping my tools sharp--if nothing else is working--vignettes are my exercise(Of demons and other things:))

If I don't have regular inspiration--I use wacky photo's to get it going. Because I'm a little wacky myselfbut don't tell anyone--ssh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.