• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

KT Public Relations & Literary Services (Kae Tienstra)

Deborah B

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deborahblakehps.com
I just got a request from Kae for a full. She promised to let me know within 2 weeks, since she had taken so long with my partial. Any updates here? Does anyone know anything else?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, no more (reported) sales.

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
Kae requested a partial on November 14th. I've been reading through her blog, and her and her husband seem very nice.

Deborah B

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deborahblakehps.com
Kae Tienstra follow up

Kae finally got back to me about my full. She gave me some editorial suggestions and requested that I do some edits (with no obligation on either side) and send it back. Very nice lady.

inspired007

Registered
Reaction score
I equeried her 12/9/08
She requested the ful on 12/27/08.

I didn't get to put it in the mail until 1/08/09 and she received it 01/10/09. So now the waiting begins.

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
I still haven't heard back from my partial, but according to her blog, it sounds like I may be getting a response here shortly. *fingers crossed*

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, no.

I status queried back in February, and she responded, saying I'd get a response for my partial in two weeks.

*still waits*

Do you think it'd be all right to status query again?

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
I status queried about three weeks ago for the partial I sent in back in November. I didn't get a response. :-(

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
Mine was sent in November too.

We shall wait-eth together!

Ludka

Hath more hair than wit
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, no.

I status queried back in February, and she responded, saying I'd get a response for my partial in two weeks.

*still waits*

Do you think it'd be all right to status query again?

I dunno, it's been longer than two weeks. She said she'd get it back to you within that time.

I'd go for it. The worst that can happen is you get rejected out of spite, and seriously, if that were the case, do you really want her as an agent?

Mt. Dew Addict

Oh my...I'm a big girl now...eep?
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, I just got a request for a partial, and Jon mentioned that they're a bit backlogged at the moment and way behind on their reading, so it may take a while. So, to all those who are waiting, it sounds like they've been busy.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Question for those who have queried: her site seems to suggest just a query letter but on AQ it wants a brief synopsis. Did people paste synopses in the e-mail or did people just go with a letter? Thanks!

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
I only sent the query letter. She's currently reading my partial (submitted in November) and said I should hear back from her in another week or so.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
I only sent the query letter. She's currently reading my partial (submitted in November) and said I should hear back from her in another week or so.

That's great brimfire! Good luck!

dragonmedley

Inconsistent AWer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm unsure what to do. Jon requested a partial back in March and I haven't heard back yet - that in itself doesn't surprise me as the email said to be patient.

However, in the meantime, I got feedback from a beta-reader and reworked the first chapter. The voice is improved, so here's my dilemna: Do I contact Jon and ask to send the new version, or do I wait?

Last edited:

revolocard

Registered
Reaction score
I'd say, if you think it'll be a no if you don't have your rewritten chapter in there, then send it on with a polite note about if they've already started reading, not to worry, but if they haven't, you've worked with some critiques to improve things. If you don't think the changes are major enough to influence someone's decision, then don't bother them with it, especially since it seems like it could get lost in the shuffle.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
Gah! Checked this agency out on here, their website, AND Agent Query, only to read her blog after I sent a query and see they aren't accepting queries until November 15th. Don't know how I missed it. I feel like an idiot.