• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Loose Id

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they accept simultaneous submissions?

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, slashedkaze, that helps. Anyone know for sure? :)

slashedkaze

Smutter
Registered
Reaction score
To expand, a few pages back in this thread someone sim-subbed them and then notified them of an offer received elsewhere without trouble. (They still considered whether they wanted to make an offer too.)
Also, when I first subbed my editor told me to let her know if I received other offers, so I'd guess they don't have a rule against sim-subs.

(I suspect they'd say so in their guidelines if they did.) So you should be fine.

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, good to know! (BTW, I went through pages 5-16 of this thread and did a search for the word simultaneous but didn't find it, which is why I asked. Guess they used a different word. Sorry to ask something previously covered!)

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Back in 2012, Loose Id didn't mind me simultaneously subbing to six other publishers. Most of the bigger e-rom houses don't seem to mind, as long as you let them know if you get an offer elsewhere. Like agent-queries, I think it's assumed that writers will query multiple publishers in the erotic romance genre. The romance pubs that take unagented subs are not that stuffy.

Over in SFF-land, it's different. That's really why I finagled an agent: *she* can do multiple subs, where I can't.

Sibyl696

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone subbed to them recently? I subbed to them on 12/19 and haven't heard a thing. On their submissions page they say you will receive a confirmation in one week, if not then to contact their Editor-in-Chief, Treva Harte. When I didn't receive a confirmation email, I followed up after the holidays and emailed Treva on 1/7 - but I have not received a confirmation from her either. Any insight?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
They're probably a bit busy at the moment. I know my editor sent an update of books coming out, or in process, so I can see a bit of their final-stage workload. Lots of writers tend to sub around holidays or the new year, so there's a large influx in the general slushpile. Given the time-frame, wait at least until mid-Feb before you get too antsy.

Do you send both emails from the same addy?

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
I sent a sub to Loose Id on 12/05, which included the 3 chapter sample, and received a request for the full on 12/29 from Katrien Knights. That's the most recent communication from Loose Id. I'm waiting hopefully for a positive outcome.

Sibyl696

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses!

They're probably a bit busy at the moment. I know my editor sent an update of books coming out, or in process, so I can see a bit of their final-stage workload. Lots of writers tend to sub around holidays or the new year, so there's a large influx in the general slushpile. Given the time-frame, wait at least until mid-Feb before you get too antsy.

Do you send both emails from the same addy?

I figured between the holidays they may have been backlogged. I'm not looking for a particular response from them regarding the submission, just a confirmation that they received it. I subbed to several other publishers during this time and have received confirmation receipt emails. I didn't think it would take 2 months just to receive a confirmation email, given their guidelines on their website.

Yes, both emails I sent were sent using the same email addy - I haven't had an issue with this email address before. Do you think I should re-submit?

I sent a sub to Loose Id on 12/05, which included the 3 chapter sample, and received a request for the full on 12/29 from Katrien Knights. That's the most recent communication from Loose Id. I'm waiting hopefully for a positive outcome.

Fingers crossed for you Maddie! Did you send your sub to their general email or to Katrien directly?

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Yes, both emails I sent were sent using the same email addy - I haven't had an issue with this email address before. Do you think I should re-submit?

Might be worth it. Sometimes someone's ISP or other email provider takes against all mails from a particular domain and blocks them.

slashedkaze

Smutter
Registered
Reaction score
You should have received a confirmation mail, I believe. Unresponsiveness is not something I associate with LI in any way. I'd resend from a different email address (maybe from a different provider.) No one will be mad at you.

Also, good luck, Maddie!

Last edited:

Sibyl696

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your responses! It is good to hear that they are not normally unresponsive. I will send the query again from another email address.

alexp336

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alexpendragon.com
Someone at LI is clearly as lacking in patience as I am - Jock Auction wasn't meant to come out until January 27th, but they've jumped the gun and put it up today! :D

Good luck to everyone with submissions in. I also found out today that there's a tentative April 14th release in mind for my second story that they said yes to.

-A.

slashedkaze

Smutter
Registered
Reaction score
Someone at LI is clearly as lacking in patience as I am - Jock Auction wasn't meant to come out until January 27th, but they've jumped the gun and put it up today! :D

Good luck to everyone with submissions in. I also found out today that there's a tentative April 14th release in mind for my second story that they said yes to.

-A.

I got the same tentative release date for my second story with them. :D

Good luck with sales and reviews on your new release!

Sibyl696

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. I sent my MS to them via my work email and received a response that they never received the original submission - but they responded to my personal email (the one I originally subbed under but didn't get a response). Now fingers crossed....

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Ah, the vagaries of email. Sometimes it just vanishes into a wormhole in spacetime, I swear.

Good luck with your submission.

genericnamehere

Registered
Reaction score
Timeline

For anybody that's curious, here's my own timeline with LI so far:

1/4: Query Sent
1/5: Awesome followup (not generic!) regarding my pronouns, as I am trans.
1/6: MS sent to editor for further consideration
1/19: Full request received [!!] with 1-2 week turnaround time stated.
1/21: Full MS sent
2/9: Followed up. No Reply.
2/16: Nudge status email sent. Received reply that it's still being looked at.

And now, to wait some more. Nervous about the delay and keep considering the hundreds of things that are potentially wrong with my MS.

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Timeline of my latest submission. Sent on 25th of January - I'm already one of their authors, so just send the synopsis and full, not partial, straight to my editor, so that speeds things up. I got an acceptance yesterday, 18th February.

That was a pretty fast turnaround! I'd barely developed a facial tic yet! ;) The one prior to that, in Autumn last year was around five to six weeks. So it's variable, even for people who've published with them several times before.

I'll be submitting next one shortly (I am on fire with the editing right now.)

slashedkaze

Smutter
Registered
Reaction score
Turn-around time from full to acceptance was about six weeks for both my books with them. (Though, of course with the second one I hadn't sent a partial first. And with the first I got the full request after about three days, so sending a partial first didn't add much to my wait-time.)

Last edited:

genericnamehere

Registered
Reaction score
Got an R&R--as I had suspected, their idea of erotic and mine aren't QUITE meshing yet. They said if I made some changes, they'd like to see it again. Good sign, all around.