Is it really necessary...this query thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I have to admit, RainBrain, that I find your post strangely compelling. If I'm to believe you --- that you can choose different levels of "literacy" depending on where you write, and do it without active thought --- then I'm a bit impressed. I simply CANNOT turn on and off my internal editor. It forces me to use complete sentences, vary my word choice and use standard punctuation and capitalization no matter where I put fingers to keyboard. If I intentionally write something "semi-literate," I have to actively think about HOW to do so.Maybe you're the next ee cummings. Only time will tell...

RainBrain

Registered
Reaction score
Cathy C said:
I have to admit, RainBrain, that I find your post strangely compelling. If I'm to believe you --- that you can choose different levels of "literacy" depending on where you write, and do it without active thought --- then I'm a bit impressed. I simply CANNOT turn on and off my internal editor. It forces me to use complete sentences, vary my word choice and use standard punctuation and capitalization no matter where I put fingers to keyboard. If I intentionally write something "semi-literate," I have to actively think about HOW to do so. Maybe you're the next ee cummings. Only time will tell...

you can't, i can. yeah. call it strange. thats fine. it is what it is.

when i'm writing my book i look at is as a job....even though it isn't....yet.

when u do work that puts food on the table you tend to me more focused and serious. same thing in my situation.

"maybe i'm the next ee cummings." lol. though ur being sarcastic, the thing is You Might Be Right.

its all about personalities. you can do one thing with one personality that u wouldn't be able to do with the next.

as for the agents that are reading this and boiling with anger. lol. all i goto say is relax. evidently, the amount of people that are for you guys outnumbers those aren't. but as for me, the conclusion has been made that you really are of no use to me. well, not now. probably after i get a deal. :)

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I think this conversation has veered off track again. RainBrain, whether or not you try to find an agent before you try to find a publisher is a decision you will probably make every time you write a book and try to sell it. It's entirely up to you, and I have known many writers who sell books with agents and without. It's a tricky business either way, and often depends more on timing than anything else (provided the work is good, that is).
The goal should be to see your book published by a legitimate publisher, get on bookstore shelves, and into readers' hands. Good luck to you, however you decide to do it.

RainBrain

Registered
Reaction score
Nomad said:
I think this conversation has veered off track again. RainBrain, whether or not you try to find an agent before you try to find a publisher is a decision you will probably make every time you write a book and try to sell it. It's entirely up to you, and I have known many writers who sell books with agents and without. It's a tricky business either way, and often depends more on timing than anything else (provided the work is good, that is).
The goal should be to see your book published by a legitimate publisher, get on bookstore shelves, and into readers' hands. Good luck to you, however you decide to do it.

see, why cant people reply like this guy here?

i mean, nomad. i see where ur going with this. i have already made the decision agents are of no use to me right now but i'm not goign to rule them out for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.