Hey

Rockenheimer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm Steph, been writing ever since I was an embryo - for fun - and I have the distinction of seldom ever finishing that which I start. I just got back to writing and have hit the inevitable bump in the road and I'm sitting idle, watching my story get cold.

I hate it when I do that!

Good to be here. Nice to know ya!

cnl790

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I believe all writers can say they've been here and done that. I was in a funk with my novel the other day and amazingly sent what I had to be reviewed and the two loved it. That was enough to pull me from said funk. Just never force anything while writing, because usually it doesn't work.

All and all if you can't keep it going right now set it aside and pick up another project, and come back to it when you're ready to do so.

Nice to meet you.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Fullon_v4.0

Shard Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rtdriver90.tumblr.com
I know how that goes! I got two projects finished, one that's actually going somewhere and so many other "concepts" just floating around on various hard drives! You'll find that sweet spot! What are you into writing?

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I hate those bumps in the road. I've been hitting a lot of them recently.

Rockenheimer

Registered
Reaction score
Ah - noble, like-minded company - greetings! Chasity, Fullon, peers, co-creators: right now I'm working on erotica (it's a genre - should I make that a capital E?) It's my first stab at it; I don't have a go-to genre, I just write whatever moves me to do it. I should have found out about this here community eons ago! Where's the volume knob on this thing??

Routhwick

Registered
Reaction score
Website
constantnoble.miraheze.org
I'm Steph, been writing ever since I was an embryo - for fun - and I have the distinction of seldom ever finishing that which I start. I just got back to writing and have hit the inevitable bump in the road and I'm sitting idle, watching my story get cold.

I hate it when I do that!

Good to be here. Nice to know ya!
I can strongly relate. (I've got two projects desperately waiting in the wings; one of them "won" NaNoWriMo 2012, and another has been in the works since Christmas 2005. Both are middle-grade children's novels set in the Caribbean.)

Otherwise, I wish you luck on your project, and I welcome you to AW. Wish me the same for mine!

cnl790

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Not much of an erotic reader, nor much of a romance reader. I don't know why that is. But I'm not much for the mushy stuff. I write mostly fantasy and dabble in some horror/paranormal. Plus some dark fantasy. I'm all over the board when it comes to genres I can't pick just one. As for the whole writers block/funk. I'm working on I don't know how many projects right now. I've lost count and have my boyfriend saying 'no more short stories for you until you finish book two.' Yeah I can't get past a thousand words in book two :(

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
Welcome to the forums! Hopefully you can find lots of encouragement here and get motivated to write (instead of just reading all the posts, like I tend to do on occasion...) :)

Physsica

Planning a return trip to earth.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! And just remember: NEVER, EVER, EVER throw the old stuff away! I promise you -even if you think it's crap now and will never work on it again- you will regret it. A lot of my regrets in life come from that. Yeah... oops.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Cnl is mostly right. If you are not a writer that can force good things to come out of your head then don't. Having said that, some writers can force themselves to write and the work comes out spectacular. So find what works for you.