bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
And I made it earlier tonight at 50,152 :partyguy:

The story isn't done, but I expected that. Now I need to decide if I'll keep working until I can finish it, or if I'll take a break and work on something else for a while.

/ponders

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
@bdwilson

I'm in the same boat. 50,126 but the story is far from over. Last year, I let the novel sit forever and never finished it, so this year I plan on continuing in December.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
I failed my wordcount goal, but finished a short story and my health is officially up to pre-2011 standards.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I won:D Finished with 50,200 but according to there's it was 50,100 or there about;) The story is far from finished though and needs a ton of edits:)

wickedimp

n@
Registered
Reaction score
Well, first draft is done at 52408.

Of course, the includes two scenes that say something to effect of "figure out of this kind of magic works and the write the scene that does it" - and I tend to write short - heavy on dialogue, too light on description, so I anticipate adding another 15-20K on the second pass.

But YAY - this is the first time that I've won AND come up with a complete story. Progress! ha ha ha.

AutumnWrite

Old enough to know better
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my birthday gift to myself was getting NANO done. Thanks in part to a very special AW member who encouraged me through the whole thing. I'm so glad she pushed me to do it.

Now comes the hard part, finishing and editing the mess I wrote.

Congratulations to everyone!

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I'm still writing at near NaNoWriMo pace. On 30th November I had just over 50k. Here we are on the 14th of December and in tonight's writing session I should reach 70k. I reckon another 10k to go in the story after that, so still planning on having it done before the Christmas madness starts. 75k by the end of the weekend is my goal.