XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I was more imagining "honey" as a euphemism for Certain Goods and Services[SUP]TM[/SUP].

Yeah okay but I like my version better. It is set in a future dystopia where most of the bees of the world have died out. Only the mysterious Honey Dealer knows where the last hives can be found, and jealously guards the secret of their location. At night he drives around the streets of the city, selling honey to residents to fund his coming revolution...

In a Booster Gold outfit, obviously.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
So forgive me if I ask what fictional universe this is all from? Cause it sounds incredibly detailed...

The Mogwai is from Gremlins. The species was named properly in the novelization, but my copy isn't close to hand. :)

I need to get out of P&CE. It just makes my blood pressure go up.

If you are talking about THAT thread, then... Yeah. Me too.

And don't look in the thread about the Goodreads bullies. That one is going to make my head explode if things keep getting stranger.

Yeah okay but I like my version better. It is set in a future dystopia where most of the bees of the world have died out. Only the mysterious Honey Dealer knows where the last hives can be found, and jealously guards the secret of their location. At night he drives around the streets of the city, selling honey to residents to fund his coming revolution...

In a Booster Gold outfit, obviously.

This isn't the dumbest SF premise I have seen in the last few months. Just saying'. :)

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Is it masochistic that I now want to go and look at what's happening in P&CE?

Also, I'm procrasitinating by creating an awesome vinagerette in my head where I'm doing the work I'm supposed to be doing and being badassed at it. Said imagining and characterisations of my lecture and other people involved in the said work I should be doing has taken up a good 20 minutes of time. That I could have spent actually doing this stuff.

I have this procrastination business down to a fine art, I tell you.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score

And don't look in the thread about the Goodreads bullies. That one is going to make my head explode if things keep getting stranger.
I don't really frequent P&CE so... which thread?

This isn't the dumbest SF premise I have seen in the last few months. Just saying'. :)

Funny you should say that, because I've already sold the rights to Jerry Bruckhe!mer ;)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score

Hey, I'm all for revolutions! This sounds epic. xD

Is it masochistic that I now want to go and look at what's happening in P&CE?

Rhetorical question of the week award goes to...

Kidding, kidding. :D

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
So :) I managed to imagine myself doing work instead of actually doing it.

Hope you feel less dizziness as the day goes on Raven. And I hope everyone else enjoys their weekend. Sunday ends in about an hour here, and as I have class at 9 tomorrow, I should probably go see about sleeping.

Night all :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I don't really frequent P&CE so... which thread?

The thread about the shooting. I keep clicking on it, hoping that there will be more updates from news sources linked, but it seems to be heading in to other areas.

Best for me to stay out of P&CE while the strangeness level on the interwebs is through the roof. All this isn't good for my stress levels.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

I've looked at both topics and in fact *shameless plug* just ranted a bit on both in my blog. :) I feel better now.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
The thread about the shooting. I keep clicking on it, hoping that there will be more updates from news sources linked, but it seems to be heading in to other areas.

Best for me to stay out of P&CE while the strangeness level on the interwebs is through the roof. All this isn't good for my stress levels.

Yeah, I dipped into that and it seems to have descended into a discussion about gang violence in Mexico. Uh... *backs away slowly*

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Why am I suddenly glad that I've not entered P&CE in a while?

Holy crow. Like, what does gang violence in Mexi-

Yaknow what, I'm not even gonna ask. *fills magic glass up with anti-stress herbal tea*

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Why am I suddenly glad that I've not entered P&CE in a while?

Holy crow. Like, what does gang violence in Mexi-

Yaknow what, I'm not even gonna ask. *fills magic glass up with anti-stress herbal tea*

I DON'T EVEN KNOW. I jumped in on the last page and someone was describing violence in Mexico. My reaction was thus:

tumblr_lj7n9x2O4x1qignq2o1_500.gif

Or maybe more like this:

jack-sparrow-running.gif

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I used to post every now and then about Venezuela's situation on P&CE, but seems that very few cared.

Yeah, I get that response when I go to P&CE too!

The only one that actually annoyed me much was when nobody gave a splat about my post in that Goodkind vs. pirate thread. I pointed out that Terry Goodkind wouldn't recognize truth and justice if they walked up to him and synchronized-pissed on his shoes, but they were more interesting in arguing the thread into lockhood about a hypothetical.

Instead of trying to be articulate and shizz, I should have just posted the exact phrase that formed in my mind: "Sit down, Mr. Goodkind, before you pull a muscle in your wanking arm." That would have got a response.

To be totally honest, I wish the contact information for that guy were still readily accessible so I could virtually buy him a drink.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I have returned! Yes, I'm back from my adventure of spending a couple of hours in a darkened and very loud room surrounded by nerds.

So, what's been going on around here while I've been busy?

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gods. I generally like gallows humour, but. Oh my many, mighty, multiple gods. I was at the other forum I frequent, and I just read the sickest most horrible one-line joke combining the Denver stuff and the Trayvon Martin incident. Fled like it was from a hornet. I may need brain bleach.

I'm locking us in the Cantina, okay? It's nice and safe in here.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Why does this always happen? The other day I got a whole load of books out of the local library about the British Empire and colonial India, with the intention of setting my fantasy story there.

But of course, give my mind a day or even just an hour and it will spin the current version of the story that I needed those books for into something else entirely that really can't be set in a real place without taking severe liberties with pretty much everything.

Plus watching a film about a vigilante superhero was never going to help the process much, let's be honest.

So now I have to drag a whole load of books back to town with me only to return them. Whoever's working the returns desk is going to look at me weird; returning 4 big chunky books only days after checking them out in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.