What do you guys make of this?

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Sorry to hear about this experience. Everyone is right, you're just too darn nice. Sell your piece to someone who deserves it, as you deserve to get paid. The woman sounds a little too sensitive to me.

NeverEndingStory

Registered
Reaction score
Coming in late, but I'm wondering if you and the editor agreed to payment prior to the article being submitted. I've learned not to write an article unless the rate for it has clearly been agreed upon up front. Soon after I turn in my article, I send an invoice. This way it's all handled very professionally, with a paper trail and very little room for negotiations after the fact. If 30 days go by and I haven't received a check, I'll begin my follow-up attempts.

I've definitely had my own "huh?" moments with editors, and I agree with everyone that your experience was not because of something you did "wrong." There are plenty of other opportunities waiting for you, and as many editors who provide fair pay and an open line of communication. Keep moving forward.
:Sun:

stephen186

Registered
Reaction score
I really liked your concern towards that lady,but when you come across situation like this, its good to move on , i am sure there are many buyers who are looking for quality work, in this case that lady was looking for cheap work and you pay for what you get anyways..