Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon all. Just checking in to see what's been happening. So quiet. Were's everybody hiding? Must be lost in meatspace.

Anywho's, my research project is stalled for now. I posted my questions at the research section, got thirty seven views, but no replies. Kind of unusual. It must be that nobody knows the answers. Unfortunately, I can't really proceed with the project until I get the answers to my questions. Anybody know a writer here at AW who's done any work-for-hire for a shared universe? Or an editor? I need to pick some brains.

Oh, an no, if you do know such an individual, I do not need specifics such as what shared universe or their real space name. The questions are general things about how writing and rules work in shared universes. So, if YOU happen to be a writer or editor who's done such a thing, please, don't be shy. Tell me about your experiences. I only want information that will help me represent authors and editors of shared universes accurately.

Now then. It's a Sunday, a holy day, and I'm not allowed to make goals or work on Sundays, but I'll be piddling around for a while, just picking at things. See you round.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Me too Effy. I just googled myself with the quotie things. My golly there are so many people with my real name, including a minor television actress. Strange.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Same here. Most people take me for an embittered old spinster when they meet me on line or over the phone. My nasty side is a vocifierous cynic. I have to slap her sometimes to shut her up.

Either that, or I come off as being about 14 and high on the closest thing to cocaine that a kid that age could lay hands on. :D

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Same here. Most people take me for an embittered old spinster when they meet me on line or over the phone. My nasty side is a vocifierous cynic. I have to slap her sometimes to shut her up.

Either that, or I come off as being about 14 and high on the closest thing to cocaine that a kid that age could lay hands on. :D

LOL! Minithins!!!

Yeah, I guess because I don't act like a woman under thirty everyone assumes I'm not under 30. But, I am... for now. Give me three years and a few months. ;) My kids are what make me feel old.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Kids! Half of ya'll are kids! I'll be 50 in October, born in 1959. I can remember the Apollo disaster, the Challenger disaster, the Columbia disaster, when the Viet Nam War was still going on, race riots, and a few other less pleasant moments in American history.

My own mother says I was "born old", but I have no kids, no ex-wives, and my only dependents are my doggies.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com

I'm making everyone feel old. But, it's making me realize how young I actually am. :D I started feeling old when I had kids. Having three children before you are even twenty has some massive effects on your physical being. I have back problems, hip problems, brain problems (those are of my own creation, for the most part ;)). But now, I feel barely out of diapers... which is odd because I haven't even had a child in diapers for 6 years.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm...well senior citizens would tell me, "You're just a youngster!" Stages, we're always going through one or another, just like our kids. Some of them are worthy of being written about.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Age is irrelevant! It doesn't matter how old you are! Just as long as you have found something, someone or somewhere you love. Old is nothing but a mindset!

I'm turning 30 in June. I can't wait for it. I know my 30's are going to rock! Why? Because I want it too. And it will only get better as I get older! Life experience kicks youth's age any day in my book!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Of course, on the other hand, the aches and pains and artificial body parts aren't all that fun either. :D

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Of course, on the other hand, the aches and pains and artificial body parts aren't all that fun either. :D

Drugs, and a good state of mind can override any of those. :D

And What does QFT mean? I don't know all of this fancy internet speak just yet. Is it good? Bad? So so? I just don't know could someone fill me in please? :)

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, horror hounds - I have a question.

I haven't been writing horror very long (less than two months). I've gotten a couple of personalized rejections on one story. Are personalized rejections the norm or are form rejections the norm? I don't know if I should find the personalized rejections encoraging or not.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.