• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Inkwell Management

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Catherine Drayton rejected my full a bit over one month after submission. Rats!

lisalaura

Registered
Reaction score
Marva - She rejected our partial in just under 2 weeks. We were disappointed, but I guess she just wasn't "the one"...

MagicProduct

Registered
Reaction score
I thought I'd share my statistics, to contribute to the general pool of data. I sent my query to Richard Pine at Inkwell in early December. The turnaround was:

snail mail query ---> request for full mss = 6 weeks
mss emailed ---> "mss received" email = 1 week
"mss received" ---> no thank you, not for us = 1 week

I will say that Pine['s assistant] did send an awfully nice & reasoned justification for why they were passing. Still smarts, of course.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I queried Alexis Hurly on 11/16...still waiting for a response. I may chalk up it to being lost and requery her this weekend.

balletgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Sent off query 10/20/08.
First response - a request for a full ms on 2/23/09!!
:)

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Thought I'd update. I queried to Catherine Drayton (a new book) on 1/24. She requested a partial on 1/25, which I sent immediately. She responded with Thanks! on 1/28.

Now I wait. When I hear from her, I'll post again.

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Awesome, Balletgirl & Marva. Good luck!

I requeried Alexis last weekend. It looks like she might just be behind if she's now responding to Oct. queries.

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Catherine on April 1st and received a request for a partial less than 24 hours later. Now I'm ready for a long wait. :)

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Followup: I asked Catherine for a status on 3/25. She asked me to resend the file. Methinks it was misplaced. I resent and she acknowledged receipt on 3/30.

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Followup: I asked Catherine for a status on 3/25. She asked me to resend the file. Methinks it was misplaced. I resent and she acknowledged receipt on 3/30.

Good thing you did a status check, Marva. What's your genre? Mine's a YA urban fantasy romance.

AngieStone

Registered
Reaction score
Inkwell Management

Hi all...long time reader, first time poster :)

Anyone have any information about Elisa Weeks? She works at Inkwell Management and just requested a partial from me. I can't seem to find any info on her, although I'm really excited all the same!

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Received request for the full off a partial from Catherine Drayton this morning. This evening she took that extra 4-5 seconds to confirm she'd received it.

It really doesn't bother me much that so few do this, but man do I appreciate it when they do!

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
GOOD LUCK Giant Baby! I just received a request for a partial today from Catherine. I just queried her a few days ago.

steampunk

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Just adding my stats...I email queried Catherine on May 11th and she requested the first 50 pages on May 15th and I got the "no thank you not for us" ejection on May 31st. Pretty quick turn around (though it always feels longer when you are waiting doesn't it?)

AKB

Registered
Reaction score
I sent an equery in Jan 2009 and got a request for 50 pages on 6/11/09. Catherine indicated my equery got lost in the slush pile; in the email trail there was a message from Charlie Olsen stating he "liked the voice on this one." Of course, my hopes shot right up....I just hope that doesn't make the fall hurt that much more.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone dealt with Alexis Hurley recently?
I'm thinking of e-querying her but not sure if I should use her personal e-mail or just the general submissions email.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
I equeried Alexis 4/30 and got an R today from Jacqueline Kang. I used the submissions address.

loriwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Alexis on 6/15 and got a form rejection from Allison Zimmer (intern? assistant? she's not listed on their website) on 7/6.

AKB

Registered
Reaction score
Okay. The fall hurt.

After sending an e-query to Catherine along with the first three chapters, I received a request for the MS' first fifty pages. I sent the partial and a few days ago received a rejection from Catherine saying "it isn't for me." Interestingly, in response to the request for a partial I only sent another 20 pages in addition to the first 30 I originally sent. Those last twenty must have really sucked.

Sadly, that same day I got an R from an agent who - based on my query and first three chapters - said the piece was "incredibly poignant...the MC's voice resonating with the reader immediately..." BUT she wasn't taking on any new clients due to the slowdown.

Ouch....

Well, nothing else to do but working on my current WIP.

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Going through again, I realize I didn't post my eject on the last partial. Oh, well. What's past is past.

HOWEVER, I equeried Catherine on yet another book. Apparently, she's not sick of hearing from me since she asked for a 50-page partial the same day. 8/5/09. Or is that next day in Australia?

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Awesome, Marva! Good luck. When you queried her did you use the general submissions email address or her "personal" Inkwell address?