• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nelson Literary Agency, LLC (Kristin Nelson)

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on those partial requests, Anthea and Wildflower! :)

I'm still waiting for news on my full. It's been six weeks now, so hope to hear something soon!

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on those partial requests, Anthea and Wildflower! :)

I'm still waiting for news on my full. It's been six weeks now, so hope to hear something soon!

Yay, Anthea and Wildflower! And Samara...six weeks seems like a good amount of time to hear back something wonderful. I didn't send my full until the end of April, so I'm not nearly as far along in the process--but I'm hoping you hear something good soon. :)

(Oh, and if you have any urban fantasy books you'd like to suggest, Samara, I'm interested--I read about Richelle Mead on your blog and I'm LOVING her books, so you've got good taste!)

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Anthea and Wildflower! And Samara...six weeks seems like a good amount of time to hear back something wonderful. I didn't send my full until the end of April, so I'm not nearly as far along in the process--but I'm hoping you hear something good soon. :)

(Oh, and if you have any urban fantasy books you'd like to suggest, Samara, I'm interested--I read about Richelle Mead on your blog and I'm LOVING her books, so you've got good taste!)

Thanks CP! I'm hoping for good news, but the longer I wait, the more my hope fades. This is what I look like right now, as I pace the floor waiting:

:e2bummed:

Love that smilie! I shall PM you with a couple more reading suggestions...

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
I wish you luck too Samara! No news is good news...or at least that's what my mum used to tell me :0) They're probably both fighting over how gets to rep it!

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
I wish you luck too Samara! No news is good news...or at least that's what my mum used to tell me :0) They're probably both fighting over how gets to rep it!

My mum says that too! And I hope you're right about the fighting! :D

AntheaL

Mostly Cheerful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anthealawson.com
Samara, that's great! It seems with this agency that the no's are much quicker turn-arounds, so keep the faith. And you know you're getting close when you've gotten that many requests for fulls. :) Fingers crossed for you~

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Not meant to be. Got an R this morning. I've gotten a fair number of partial requests from my query, so I truly believe it's a "Not for us" situation. To a certain extent, I'm relieved. I discovered that I saved some changes to my MS on an older file. So it's been a fun few days trying to figure out what I changed. If I'd had a request for a partial, I'd have had to delay a few days before sending it out.

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Not meant to be. Got an R this morning. I've gotten a fair number of partial requests from my query, so I truly believe it's a "Not for us" situation. To a certain extent, I'm relieved. I discovered that I saved some changes to my MS on an older file. So it's been a fun few days trying to figure out what I changed. If I'd had a request for a partial, I'd have had to delay a few days before sending it out.

Sorry to hear that, Tarak. You've got a great attitude, though, and I'm sure you're right--it's all about finding the right match, an agent who's enthusiastic about your work. And it sounds like you're on your way, with all those partials! Like Samara (and Galaxy Quest) says, "Never give up, never surrender!"

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the R, Tarak - I've got my fair share of those too, so you're not alone! It's very true that it all comes down to an agent's personal taste and whether a book is 'for them' or not.

Good luck with all those partials though - I hope you get some good news soon! :)

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Kristin Nelson and received a form rejection the next day. Do you think there is any point in trying Sara Megibow?

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
I think Sara reads all the queries...but I could be wrong about that! Anyone know?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I think Sara reads all the queries...but I could be wrong about that! Anyone know?

Sara used to be Kristin's query reader, but now that she's a full-fledged agent, I'm pretty sure they have another reader at the office (and I'm pretty sure her name is Anita). Kristin and Sara only read the ones she passes on to them.

And bunderful, you might try Sara in a bit, but you probably want to wait a while. Since Kristin and Sara both use the same query reader, you'll only be submitting your query back to her, and if she just rejected it, chances are, she'd just reject it again.

Best of luck!

KalenO

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofegoandmadness.blogspot.com
So I've got an interesting situation I'm looking for feedback on -

I know the agency's policy is that if one agent passes on a submission, its a pass from both of them as they both review all queries. However, recently I won a blog contest and got a chance to have Sara critique my first thirty pages for the prize. She was very complimentary, said I was 95% of the way there and gave me some great notes, but said that she wouldn't be requesting my full manuscript. Now what I'm wondering is if because it was a contest with a critique from Sara Megibow as the prize, rather than a query through normal channels - does that mean I might still be able to query Kristin Nelson with it after I finish my new round of revisions?

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Well, guys, I'm out - got a form rejection on my partial. Good luck to the rest of you!

MysteryScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kerrimaniscalco.com
So I've got an interesting situation I'm looking for feedback on -

I know the agency's policy is that if one agent passes on a submission, its a pass from both of them as they both review all queries. However, recently I won a blog contest and got a chance to have Sara critique my first thirty pages for the prize. She was very complimentary, said I was 95% of the way there and gave me some great notes, but said that she wouldn't be requesting my full manuscript. Now what I'm wondering is if because it was a contest with a critique from Sara Megibow as the prize, rather than a query through normal channels - does that mean I might still be able to query Kristin Nelson with it after I finish my new round of revisions?

I would say to go for it Kalen!!! It's not like you queried and were rejected, plus I think a blog contest would be considered a separate entity. Technically, querying Kristin would be your first query to them. (I hope that makes sense/helps) :) Good luck!!! And great feedback too - 95% of the way there is awesome!!

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Bekstah. You're still a brave intrepid writer anyway. Keep going!

Last edited by a moderator:

AntheaL

Mostly Cheerful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anthealawson.com
Well, guys, I'm out - got a form rejection on my partial. Good luck to the rest of you!

Dang! But you've gotten some full requests elsewhere, yes? It's all about finding that elusive 'match' (and hoping the agent has had their morning coffee, lol).

And KalenO, I agree that you should query Kristin. Good luck! :)

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score

Aww, sorry about that, Beckstah. But you still have plenty of fulls and partials out there. That's a really good sign. I'm sure one of those agents will snap you up!

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, guys! I do still have quite a few subs out, but I haven't received that many responses yet, so I'm pretty nervous. Good luck to all of us!

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, guys! I do still have quite a few subs out, but I haven't received that many responses yet, so I'm pretty nervous. Good luck to all of us!

Yeah...waiting on fulls and partials is particularly fun. But worth it (I hope). And good for patience. Right? (Whee?)

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Patience? Isn't that a character in a book by Anne Gracie?? ;0)

tcllnsfmly

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone is querying with Sara Megibow at the moment but I sent my query to her on 5/24 and I received an R on 5/26. Just to give a little hope! She replies fast :) But it sucks because my query is SO much better now. (lesson learned).