Last Movie You Watched...

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
The Page Turner.

A young gifted piano player blows an audition for a prestigious Conservatory because she gets distracted by the president of the jury's offhand attitude. Ten years later, Mélanie worms her way into the jury president's household and proceeds with a plan to destroy her.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
The Fantastic Mr. Fox

Boggis, and Bunce, and Bean.
One fat,
one short,
one lean.
These horrible crooks,
so different in looks,
were nonetheless equally mean.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Transformers was on TV while I was doing other stuff. From what I saw, it seemed decent enough, but it's not really my kind of movie.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bicentennial Man. I know this one gets a lot of hate, but (despite some uneven acting), I actually like this one.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Micmacs. A wonderful French movie, from the guys that did Amelie - and they obviously have a lot of love for the silent classics, working it well with the strange clockwork visual style (most of which may or may not be CGI). But there's also a great story with a nicely delivered message towards the end.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The last bit of SYFy's latest gem: Dinocroc vs. Supergator. (pause for laughter) It had the requisite Girl in Tank Top, every movie character stereotype known to man, and their traditional cheesy FX. the best part? At the end, the Comic Relief throws a block of C4 into the barn where the sugar cane dust is waiting to be exploded a la Mythbusters. The explosion balloons out of the barn door and takes a left turn to incinerate croc and dino--and nothing else. :ROFL:

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
callalily, that's my kind of movie!
Went to see Date Night - what is it about that movie that makes me feel like everything in the world is just good? Aside from it was funny as all hell.

Nightfly

Ruby Ruby when will you be mine?
Registered
Reaction score
Nine

Sexy, beautiful, fun. Rob Marshall is brilliant.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Crazies (the new version) : I thoroughly enjoyed it. A couple of hokey rescues, and the guy from the Pirates movies (fake eye guy in that) was unrecognizable as a normal person, but damn good. I'm also a big Timothy Oliphant fan, so win-win.

Best scene: guy with pitchfork.

ETA: Huh. That deputy wasn't that guy from Pirates afterall. I would have sworn... still damn good job there guy that wasn't that guy from Pirates...

Last edited:

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Eclipse. Yes, the Twilight Saga Eclipse. Didn't really like the books, don't know why I am watching the movies. The first one sucked. The second one was much better (mostly because RPattz wasn't in it, LOL). The third was wasn't bad either though. More action (unlike the books, which always wussed out on fight scenes). Maybe it is Taylor Lautner's abs that keep drawing me in. That boy is too hot for his own good.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Divorce His, Divorce Hers. Terrible transfer to DVD. Bad sound. Movie was also dull. It was a TV movie from the '70s, so I was only watching for the Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton factor. Can't recommend it.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Phantoms (Dean Koontz's's) with a very young Ben Affleck. I saw it ages ago, and found it on our On Demand last night. Great set-up. Peter O-Toole. Rose McGowan. Liev Shrieber. Creepy, yet with a certain B-movie feel. A delight of almost could have been great but (see Ben Affleck"s name above)...

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Twilight Eclipse. Victoria isn't much of an arch-villain.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Phantoms (Dean Koontz's's) with a very young Ben Affleck. I saw it ages ago, and found it on our On Demand last night. Great set-up. Peter O-Toole. Rose McGowan. Liev Shrieber. Creepy, yet with a certain B-movie feel. A delight of almost could have been great but (see Ben Affleck"s name above)...

Oh, yes! Peter O'Toole as jaded reporter for the "Weekly World News" FTW! Liev Schreiber IMO is the most underrated actor in Hollywood. That movie was lots of fun. Better than the book IIRC. And the only director who has the gift for making Affleck act is Kevin Smith.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shutter Island

I enjoyed it overall.

I really liked the music. It was oddly out of place at times for what was happening on screen--but I liked that for some reason.

The DH and I just watched this last night! I've been out of sorts (ill in some way) for the past couple of days, so I picked up on the clues -- "She died in a fire, why is she always wet?" I kept asking DH like a dork, lol, but I didn't catch everything, so the twist still worked for me, even though I had largely guessed what was happening.

Beautifully atmospheric (I'm a sucker for that stuff), and well-acted. Never been a big fan of DiCaprio, but he won me over with this one. We both enjoyed every minute. Except for the weird crescendo of music at the beginning -- it weirded me out. :D

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
The Princess Bride, just this evening, with my husband, two sons and two godsons. It was awesome, as always.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The Host, a Korean movie trying to be a cross between Jaws and Horror of Party Beach. If it had chosen to be either a straight horror or a campy sendup, it may have worked. Because it waffled throughout: FAIL.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Key Largo - Bogart, Bacall, Edward G. Robinson, Lionel Barrymore. Tense, superb. One of my all-time favorites.

Bicentennial Man. I know this one gets a lot of hate, but (despite some uneven acting), I actually like this one.

I really enjoyed it too.

Micmacs. A wonderful French movie, from the guys that did Amelie - and they obviously have a lot of love for the silent classics, working it well with the strange clockwork visual style (most of which may or may not be CGI). But there's also a great story with a nicely delivered message towards the end.

I'm very keen to see this one!