How'd You Find This Site?

roar

Novelist by heart
Registered
Reaction score
Software

Hi everyone, has anyone used software like storybase or new novelist? I was thinking about getting one of those to use. I just wanted to know if anyone here has ever used or uses it?

Thanks
Kim

painkillers

Learning by doing
Registered
Reaction score
I found it through a dogpile search that went (((writers) OR (writing)) AND ((Science Fiction) OR (Fantasy) OR (Speculative Fiction)))

Signed up, posted a couple of times, got wrapped up in nanowrimo, and am now returning as a reborn newbie.

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
I was searching something writing related on google and this site came up. I'm sooo glad that it did.

x

akblack

Michael Brandow, Hypnotist at Law
Registered
Reaction score
Someone in the Creative Convention subforum at Something Awful recommended this as one of the few writing forums out there worth anything, largely because of the sense of community. Looking forward to lurking around, seeing what's what, and participating. And sharing what I have when I have it. :)

Cassandra-Was-Right

Registered
Reaction score
It was a daisy chain ...

I followed a thread from the US affiliate (Laura Langlie) of the UK agent (Annette Green) I've had my eye on for a while, thinking she might be a good match for my novel (the autobiography of Ajax) when it's ready for its debut.

Midnight Star

We are once in a lifetime.
Registered
Reaction score
I actually discovered this via yahoo answers. I clicked on a question about forums for writers, and someone listed this one as an answer. So I clicked on the link, and boom! Here I am.

morningperson

Fresh Meat
Registered
Reaction score
It's funny, I was on cafemom looking through the New Moon stories by the fans and this site popped up on the left. It looked a lot more interesting then rewrites. I came to lurk and ended up in a relationship.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
I fell into this deep, dark hole... I tumble over and over and over again and then BAMMM. I hit bottom. I stood, wiped the dust off of my badly shakin body and looked around...

...I wiped at my eyes. I couldn't believe what was laid out before me. I stood in awe of all of the brillant writers that surrounded me. I hadn't known such a place existed but here it was before my disbelieving eyes. I stumbled forward towards various threads and picked at one and then another until the whole forum unraveled for me. I fell to my knees and thanked every known Higher Power I had ever heard of and slowly wiped joyous tears from my astonished face.
I have ventured away from here from time to time but I have never been able to stay away for long...for once you fall into the AW you never are ever able to truely leave.
That, my fellow AWers, is how I found this site.

The end.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
I found it when I was doing research on agents. I lurked for a few weeks and then I joined and now have become addicted :)

Katze_E

The Imperial
Registered
Reaction score
I found it here when I was google(ing) some stuff to a character... The tread was so helpful that I just signed in - there's a lot of information around here!

andrewan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
I found this site from my friend who is member in this site. I have been using this site for a while now, and decided today to join the forums! I thought forum posting is one of the best way to enhance knowledge as well grab new things, that is the reason me joined this forum.
Thanks.

Meech

Butter! Oh isn't butter divinity?
Registered
Reaction score
My cousin. She is obsessed with this website and spends hours a day here. She made me sign up! :)

MarkinNC

No, i asked for REAL coffee.
Registered
Reaction score
I was intrigued with Literary Agency for Southern Writers. I Googled for a website and came here.

Thank god.

I can't imagine getting "involved" with an agent nicknamed Crook.

JudyA

Registered
Reaction score
I received a recommendation from the team at The Writer's Coach. I like the looks of this forum for Freelance Writers.

Acey

Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica.
Registered
Reaction score
Found it on NaNoWriMo.
I didn't even do NaNo haha..I was just lurking.

FreeWhistler

Cookie monster
Registered
Reaction score
I was getting ready to sit down and write a little for a book introduction I was hired for. I've never written for books, though, so I was wondering how many words one typically found on a page. Google took me here. Hi. ^_^

Because.

told before & told again
Registered
Reaction score
I found you guys from Kody Keplinger's (Blind_Writer) blog. I had to sign up immediately! :D