The Bent Nail Saloon.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
*spit*

So. You think the Whigs got any chance in the election this year?

The Whigs? I think your wig is on too tight. They disintegrated back in 1854, marshal. We gots the Republicans, the Democrats, the Anti-Monopoly Party (why they're against that board game, I don't rightly know), the Greenback Party, the Prohibition *spit* Party, and the Equal Rights Party.

But the fact is the only reason Grover Cleveland because President was because Chester Arthur had the temerity to get hisself shot.

I think the Republican, James Blaine, is a shoo-in to be the 23rd President of these here United States.

Although that Belva Ann Lockwood of the Equal Rights Party is kind of a looker.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
The Whigs? I think your wig is on too tight. They disintegrated back in 1854, marshal. We gots the Republicans, the Democrats, the Anti-Monopoly Party (why they're against that board game, I don't rightly know), the Greenback Party, the Prohibition *spit* Party, and the Equal Rights Party.

But the fact is the only reason Grover Cleveland because President was because Chester Arthur had the temerity to get hisself shot.

I think the Republican, James Blaine, is a shoo-in to be the 23rd President of these here United States.

Although that Belva Ann Lockwood of the Equal Rights Party is kind of a looker.
Well, dang it. You know that Lincoln feller? He used to be a Whig, right? I'm always confusing them Republicans. They never do seem to know what it is that they all agree on anyhow.

And not that I'm disputin' your understanding of current politics, I seem to recollect that some feller named James Garfield got hisself shot, which got that Chester feller named President. Didn't he work for Marshall Dillon too? I disremember.

Anyhow, them Prohibitionists need to be moved to some other country. That ain't American thinking. Know what I mean?

Speaking of prohibition, where's that dang beertender?

I'm agreeing with you on that Blaine guy. I think that's a lock. Ain't sure it's the right way to go, but it's pretty much a forgone conclusion.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Warm beer ain't right. Have they stopped getting that ice from the river in the wintertime? At least they ought to store the kegs in the cellar.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Warm American beer ain't right. I've had warm beer overseas and they seem to do beer right. I loved Double Diamond Burton Ale. It's a new brand, came out in 1876.
You know, I had me some beers in Englandland and Scotland that tasted mighty fine. They weren't kept as cold as we do our beers, but I learned that they kept their kegs in the basement where the temperature was about 46 degrees Fahrenheit (who in hell knows what that means in that measureless that the rest of the world uses)?

Ferret. I've had Double Diamond. You're right. It's good. Tennant's ale is good too. All served at a higher temp than the USA. But still in the 40s.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is no English beer, ale or larger being served here.

Just rot gut.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought artest was a basketball player?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Around here, anything is possible.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I heard this feller named Abner was making an Americanized version of cricket, but I don't know anything about this baskeetball.

Is that where you throw an object into the air then blast the hell out of it? I'm in.

*tosses Haggis' hat into the air then shoots a hole in it*

Yeehaw! This baskeetball shore is fun!

Last edited:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, how about a different game then. *puts a package on the bar and starts to open it*

Just yesterday I was saying, oh the Wells Fargo wagon is coming down the street, oh please let it be for me.

And it was.

*pulls out a round board, split into 20 segments, each labels 1 through 20, and alternating pies are black or white"

Its some English game.

*hangs it on the wall*

I think you're supposed to shoot at it instead of each other.