General anime discussion thread

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
GOSICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAH I CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF VICTORIQUE!!!!

She is one of the greatest anime characters ever!!!! And if they do not kiss (her and kujo) I'm going to be extremely pissed, just like I was at the end of To Love.... >.>

<---- (Cuteness this way, profile picture)

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Gosick is amazing, one of the best shows in years.

Hanasaku Iroha is also lovely.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Can't say I've watched any boxing anime.

Gosick is good, but I wouldn't call it the best show in years. Either Star Driver or Madoka probably has that spot for me. I do quite like it, though, and it really makes me hope for a Spice & Wolf III.

And I'm definitely glad Iroha is a 2-cour.

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
Can't say I've watched any boxing anime.

Gosick is good, but I wouldn't call it the best show in years. Either Star Driver or Madoka probably has that spot for me. I do quite like it, though, and it really makes me hope for a Spice & Wolf III.

And I'm definitely glad Iroha is a 2-cour.

Spice and Wolf..... that show and I are in a love hate relationship right now, just like all the other romance animes.... THEY NEVER MAKE THE COUPLE DO ANYTHING!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

But I love the wolf lady from Spice though, she's so cute. :)

Hidan no Aria, I haven't been keeping up since I raced through the manga. However I saw no action in the manga relationship wise so I have fallen back on watching the anime.

I hate how I get more kissing/ romance out of that twincest anime last season or two seasons ago, then I do with this seasons shows. >.>

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Spice and Wolf..... that show and I are in a love hate relationship right now, just like all the other romance animes.... THEY NEVER MAKE THE COUPLE DO ANYTHING!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

But I love the wolf lady from Spice though, she's so cute. :)

Eh? I never considered it a romance anime, just an anime with romantic elements.

Hidan no Aria, I haven't been keeping up since I raced through the manga. However I saw no action in the manga relationship wise so I have fallen back on watching the anime.

It's not worth watching. I really don't know why I still am.

Have you watched B Gata H Kei? Or Amagami SS? Should fulfill your needs.

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
A kiss in Gosick would feel... strange. Dunno why.

I like the show, but at times it feels over-constructed to me. Love the visuals, though.

Voice-actor-wise I'm still marvelling at the fact that Vicotique = Madoka (Yuuki Aoi).

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
Eh? I never considered it a romance anime, just an anime with romantic elements.

It's not worth watching. I really don't know why I still am.

Have you watched B Gata H Kei? Or Amagami SS? Should fulfill your needs.

Yes to B Gata no to H Kei.

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
A kiss in Gosick would feel... strange. Dunno why.

I like the show, but at times it feels over-constructed to me. Love the visuals, though.

Voice-actor-wise I'm still marvelling at the fact that Vicotique = Madoka (Yuuki Aoi).

You're strange. She blushes so much near him. They need to kiss! :mad:

*Grabs pitchfork*

Little Ming

Registered
Reaction score
OMG, FMA is like my favorite anime of all time. Did you like the original series better or Brotherhood? I am a huge an of the manga so I preferred Brotherhood.

Oops, missed this one.

I think they were both very good, but for different reason. i liked the first because it was more focused on the brothers and their relationship and the tearjerker ending.... :cry:

The second was bigger in scope. Spoiler: The villain wanted to conquer God. And he was willing to kill the entire country to do it.

I heard there's supposed to be a movie for the second anime coming out. Hope it's better than the first movie. ;)

And on a non-FMA related topic, I'm hesitant to watch anime that are still airing. Only one episode a week.... :rant:

Although I was thinking about catching Gosick and it seems to be getting great reviews here.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
And on a non-FMA related topic, I'm hesitant to watch anime that are still airing. Only one episode a week.... :rant:

Yeah, it's frustrating, but when you get a really good series, it's a lot of fun to take part in the speculation and discussion as it airs.

Although I was thinking about catching Gosick and it seems to be getting great reviews here.

For this season, Steins;Gate is another definite pick-up. It'll be continuing into next season, too.

Little Ming

Registered
Reaction score
For this season, Steins;Gate is another definite pick-up. It'll be continuing into next season, too.

Oh this does look interesting. And it's ending soon, so no painful waiting between weeks. :tongue

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
You're strange.

I hear that a lot.

She blushes so much near him. They need to kiss! :mad:

*Grabs pitchfork*
Not to mention her jealousy over the girl whose name I can't remember. It's a character issue to me. The whole relationship thing looks like play-acting to me, while they really do connect emotionally on a deeper level. Over-regulated Kujo and under-appreciated Victorique. Maybe they can pull it off, but I suspect it'd be awkward.

*Prepares to doge the pitchfork*

I dearly love Steins;Gate. But I said that already, didn't I?

Little Ming said:
Crap, you're right. I misread wiki. But do I want to start this now... or wait...?

You could wait... and then hook up your phone to your microwave... and...

Nah, never mind.

Last edited:

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone see the last Gosick Episode???

Did you guys see the part where Victorique was dancing in front of the mirror. SHE WAS SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
When Gossick's great it's great. And last ep was one of the best yet, I thought.

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
I started watching Tiger and Bunny today. Superheroes, the Japanese way. The concept is insane (superheroes with super powers must be approved, have sponsors to pay for their powersuits, and perform on live TV like trained dogs) but from Japan you'd believe it.

The flamboyantly gay black superhero is awesome. Too bad he's a minor character.

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
After your recommendations, I have seen the 10 first episodes of Ao No Exorcist. It was fun but not brilliant. I will see the rest of the season.

I've also begun on Gosick, and I love it. Especially how Victorique laughs, ha ha ha ha ha.

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
After your recommendations, I have seen the 10 first episodes of Ao No Exorcist. It was fun but not brilliant. I will see the rest of the season.

I've also begun on Gosick, and I love it. Especially how Victorique laughs, ha ha ha ha ha.

Isn't she ADORABLE?!?!??! :D

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Gosick. Was it only 23 episodes? I don't see how they can continue this series after what happened in the last episode.

The mysteries were great. It was nice that most of them both continued on the previous ones and added to the overall plot.

Except for Victorique the characters were a bit lame, I thought, except for Cordelia Gallo and perhaps some of those that only made short appearances. Victorique was fun, cute, and awesome, though I wouldn't call her adorable since she was so abusive towards Kujo and others. I'd like him to hang out more with Avril, and I'd like to see Cordelia do some more chessmaster/actiongirl awesomeness.

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Gosick. Was it only 23 episodes? I don't see how they can continue this series after what happened in the last episode.

It's still running. Ep24 (which I think is the finale) will be this Saturday/Sunday (depending on your timezone, and whether you rely on fansubs).

New Season next week. Not sure what I'm going to watch.

Blood C has been mentioned, but the one I'm most curious about is Mawaru Penguin Drum. Google it and see if you can make sense of the info. I can't. A mecha show except with live penguins instead of robots? A penguin murder mystery slice of life show? A magical girl show with penguin transfromations? Penguin slapstick? What?

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I saw on Wikipedia that there would be an episode 24. From Wikipedia it also seems that the anime has somewhat followed the series of Light Novels. If there is a second season, I'll watch it. I guess they have to use another setting then. Maybe they can travel around Europe solving cases or something?