• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Shalom Publishing House

backyarder1

I am looking for anyone who may have submitted articles to Shalom Publishing in Pennsylvania. They blatantly violated my copyright by selling my articles to be used in advertisements WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. The only way I found out is because a gentleman in Pennsylvania tracked me down to tell me he saw one of my articles. I believe this publisher may have done the same thing to other writers without their knowledge!!

abemorgantis

Zizban
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Did you sign away your subsidy rights when youy signed with them? I'd read the fine print of your agreement to be absolutely sure.

backyarder1

I did not sign ANYTHING over to them. I sent an article to them to be considered for a supposed publication they have called Living. I found out that they used my article in possibly as many as eleven different advertising newspapers WITHOUT ever asking if they could, coming to an agreement with me, telling me they were going to do it, or sending me any money.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
I did not sign ANYTHING over to them. I sent an article to them to be considered for a supposed publication they have called Living. I found out that they used my article in possibly as many as eleven different advertising newspapers WITHOUT ever asking if they could, coming to an agreement with me, telling me they were going to do it, or sending me any money.

If you've just learned about this and haven't registered your copyright yet, do so now. Then speak with a lawyer who specializes in intellectual property (IP). Not just any lawyer, but an IP lawyer. You and your lawyer may have won the publishing lottery.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
IMHO, it's not a good sign when the only trace of a publisher is a listing in an obscure yellow pages.