anybody recognizes this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahome

Registered
Reaction score
i once read a short story (or was told about it) about a man who did not believe in God but something happened to change that belief. He must have been on his death bed or something...I remember him having to race against time to basically "undo" the atheistic ideas which he had imparted in the minds of people and brought them around to his way of thinking.

I know my memory of it is kind of vague, I do not even recall whether i read the book or someone told me about it but I would appreciate if somebody here offered some pointers. Name of the author, the title?

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like the kind of story I've seen many times in Christian magazines. Usually they are basically pushing a particular point-of-view, basically a 'sunday-school tale'.

They have quite a long history, but thankfully even the worse of the modern glurges aren't as sacharine sweet as the ones of earlier generations. They are common enough that Twain wrote a parody of them back in his day.

I've seen a few that match the description loosely, but can't remember any real details.

Good luck,

Mac

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
It sounds like the kind of story I've seen many times in Christian magazines. Usually they are basically pushing a particular point-of-view, basically a 'sunday-school tale'.

They have quite a long history, but thankfully even the worse of the modern glurges aren't as sacharine sweet as the ones of earlier generations. They are common enough that Twain wrote a parody of them back in his day.

I've seen a few that match the description loosely, but can't remember any real details.

Good luck,

Mac

I agree. You've probably read it in many stories.

hammerklavier

It was a dark and stormy night
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds kind of like A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

geardrops

Good thing I like my day job
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geardrops.net
Yeah, that's not a very specific description. Not even a setting? Timeperiod? Style of writing?

Since it's a short story, might have better luck in the short story forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.