Drug Legislation

Which drugs do you think/feel should be legalized for recreation?

• Total voters

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't Adderall used primarily in conjunction with other substances, though, to minimize aftereffects?

And I know people grind it up to snort, but I'm assuming that's if they can't get anything better. I can't imagine the absorption is effective through that route; I've heard Adderall referred to as a Johnson's Baby High.

I had a roommate who was heavily into Adderall and Ritalin, and she generally did it by itself. She stole it from kids she babysat, and forged prescriptions for it. It may have been because she "couldn't get anything better," but whatever drug she did was the best thing she could get on that day.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I don't know what some of those drugs even are, so I only voted for the legalization of Marijuana.

I have seen no evidence to indicate that there are any more consequences to social/casual marijuana use than there are to alcohol use, and that the addicitive and societal costs may actually be lower than either legal alcohol or tobacco. So, as long as those two substances are legal, why not?

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Michael Wolfe. Legalize all the drugs.

It would empty the jails, destroy the organized crime networks, and free up a fortune to spend on treatment
Oh noes, someone hold me back!
and welfare and training and HELPING people.
Now I'm confused. Do you want to put people into drug treatment, or do you want to help them?

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what some of those drugs even are, so I only voted for the legalization of Marijuana.

I have seen no evidence to indicate that there are any more consequences to social/casual marijuana use than there are to alcohol use, and that the addicitive and societal costs may actually be lower than either legal alcohol or tobacco. So, as long as those two substances are legal, why not?
If one goes by public safety (and with the advent of Obamacare, there's a bigger argument than ever that even if you sit home and drink and smoke, it costs society to provide the extra health care for the health damage they cause), then probably all of these (those listed in the poll AND alcohol and tobacco) should be illegal.

And sugar as well.