Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote my first actual full-length book at the age of twelve!

At it started with the MC's father being brutally murdered.

I have always been a twisted child. But seriously... In my novel Mad As A Hatter, I think someone is brutally murdered in every single chapter. Including minor characters and offscreen deaths, about 40 people in total get murdered.

...I promise I'm not a psychopath.

Snowybunny12

Registered
Reaction score
Not only did my books have way too many deaths, but it was always gruesome. The worst part was no one else I knew liked to write, so I terrified anyone who read my stories. Not to mention the inappropriateness of everything, at eight years old I had written stories about drugs, rape, and child abuse. I promise I'm not that much of a phycopath.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome snowbunny! :hi:

I wrote my first actual full-length book at the age of twelve!

At it started with the MC's father being brutally murdered.

I have always been a twisted child. But seriously... In my novel Mad As A Hatter, I think someone is brutally murdered in every single chapter. Including minor characters and offscreen deaths, about 40 people in total get murdered.

This is pretty much me until:

...I promise I'm not a psychopath.

I can't make that promise.

:evil

Snowybunny12

Registered
Reaction score
I love your avatar! Can I steal it for my siggie on a different forum? PLEASE!!!!

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Same here, Snow.

I said I wasn't a psychopath... never said anything about not being a sociopath... :tongue

ETA: continuing my GOT spam... and sansa spam... here's something I saw on tumblr about last night's ep that is PERFECT.

laceandlaundanum said:
FLAWLESS.

Because oh my goodness. Sansa wants her moment alone. She wants to sit and think about everything she’s just heard, and that dinner and she wants to be by herself and be herself for once in her life and then Shae comes in and (I love Shae) Sansa doesn’t have time for this. Because Shae has the worst timing ever and she just wants to cry and suddenly Sansa has to take charge and find some way to get this new handmaiden (that she didn’t want) out of the room and she really, really wants comfort— you can tell in the way she pauses before she tells her to brush her hair— because that’s the only thing she wants and she can’t have the comfort she wants or deserves. So she makes what comfort she can.

Because she wants to be alone.

But she doesn’t want to be abandoned.

And you can tell with the way she’s on the verge of tears through that entire scene and just. ugh. sophie. you are. perfect.

another post!

soulofsnow said:
“I can’t teach you how to do your job too.”

#because I’m too busy trying to survive #and the look on my face is trying to tell you to escape while you can #because they’ve got me but you can still run #please help me please I’m so scared #I want to go home

Last edited:

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
hello Snow! Welcome to TWFT! I'm Ally.

God it feels so long ago when i joined... I think i was 18! I feel really old now. I'll be 22 soon. Same day as Lisa in fact.

So how is everyone doing?

Alouette

bad apple
Registered
Reaction score
Hi :)

I introduced myself ages ago and then disappeared shortly afterwards so I highly doubt anyone remembers but just thought I'd pop back in and say hello.

And ooh, a fellow Game of Thrones fan :D

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
OBSESSED. OBSESSED.

My devotion to Sansa Stark is beyond anything I've ever had to a real human, let alone a fictional character, but damn I love her.

other favorites are Arya, Tyrion, Dany, and Margaery, but SANSA.

Alouette

bad apple
Registered
Reaction score
I love all the Stark kids with a passion but Arya's my favourite. I wasn't a big Sansa fan for most of the first book but after Ned died and Joffrey took her up to look at his head and she completely owned it, she won me over and is now up there with my favourites. But ARYA, I just want to take her away from all the nasties and keep her safe. Her latest chapters (don't know if you've read the books) just make me way feel way sadder than I should feel for any fictional character.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently reading book 2, but I actually know everything that happens until the end of book 5... my trainer gushed about the books for months before I picked them up.

ETA: I think I love Sansa even more because so many people say terrible things about her. The idea that the only way a woman can be strong is by being good at 'manly' things is so horrible. Ladies who are strong warriors are awesome! But ladies can be strong and feminine, too. Like Sansa.

Alouette

bad apple
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew quite a few of the major events before reading but they still had a pretty big impact. How are you finding the books so far? I thought the second book was dragged a bit in the middle but the last third or so was really fast-paced and just awesome. The third book is amazing though, really looking forward to seeing how they'll portray some of the things on the show.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
They're splitting the third book into two seasons.

They say it's because so much happens in it. Something tells me it also has to do with them trying to drag out the show so they don't get to the end of book 5 before Martin's written the other books :tongue

Alouette

bad apple
Registered
Reaction score
Haha yes, that's a pretty legitimate concern. I seriously hope he's a bit quicker this time though, there were SO many cliffhangers at the end of ADWD.

But to be honest SO MUCH does happen in the third book and I'm glad they're splitting it up because there's no way they'd be able to fit all that in a 9 episode arc and keep the quality as high as it's been.

EDIT: Oooh dear, it's 4.17am...good night! :)

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
And it means more seasons of the show! Yay to that!

I only read through half the POVs, to be honest- I can't keep track of that many characters by name. I'm a person for faces.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Pottermore is FINALLY out of beta.

Yes, I just noticed that.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
ALLY ALLY DID YOU WATCH GAME OF THRONES YESTERDAY

OF COURSE!!!

Hi :)

I introduced myself ages ago and then disappeared shortly afterwards so I highly doubt anyone remembers but just thought I'd pop back in and say hello.

And ooh, a fellow Game of Thrones fan :D

Hello again!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
So I just finished RBSL! Grand total at 46,068! And I finished it in just under two weeks! YAY!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That's awesome! :D I'm peachy thanks. Just catching up on a bunch of work I need to do this week.