Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
What a story, Tri. In a way, it doesn't surprise me. It shows how quirky and subjective the whole thing is. On a larger, industry wide scale, nobody can predict where the next fire will catch.

Eta: I'm sleep deprived today. Meant to also say congrats. And I totally agree that we can't judge our own work.

Last edited:

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
(((Octavia)))

Today feels like Friday since I worked all day Sunday. Therefore, I declare today to be Friday, and it's time to start passing out the maggotinis.

If only....I have to work on Saturday, in Irvine, no less, so I'll be up at 6:00am. *chugs maggotini anyway*

Went and had my foot x-rayed on Tues. Complete fracture and it extends into the joint. That can't be good. Waiting to hear from the Ortho people. Ugh.

Gah! That really sucks, AO. I broke my foot nearly 2 years ago...still hurts.

Ugh, one of those days when I feel like every decision I've made about careers (including my fiction(al) career) is wrong.

{{{Hugs for Kellion}}} Anything in particular? We all feel this way, to a certain extent.

Tri, congrats! And yeah, don't attempt to figure this industry, because most of the time there's no rhyme or reason. Just try to enjoy the victories when you get them.

Thanks for the kind words, all. I'm beyond tired. All-day meeting tomorrow, then long-ass drive down south for a seminar on Saturday. Nothing to look forward to, really.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Great news, Tri! Very exciting.

Yay! It's Friday. A quiet week, response-wise. No response means no. So no.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Tri, you just got to roll with it. Can't be explained.

(((Cricket)))

*passes Red a maggotcino*

Cold and rainy here, but I'm off and getting paid for it (comp time for working on Sunday). Have big plans to work on multiple outlines today. Not fun, but necessary.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Morning! *passes red a coffee*

Well, Ink, it sounds like getting paid to write from here. Good job! :D

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
It's Friday and Star Wars day. May the Fourth be with you. Always.

That's all I got.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
It's been quite an unproductive week, what with the head cold, crappy weather, and finding out the man that shall not be named actually married the woman he was cheating on with me. Yeah so...yeah.

I have all these home improvement projects half started. New floor down, but still need to put threshholds and moldings down.

Son's furniture bought, but needs to be sanded and painted red, not the color black that it already is, because red's his fav color.

New vinyl tiles bought for kitchen and entry way. Says they take only an hour to put down, but I know that's so far from the truth.

Fence bought, but needs to be put up, before the diva Chihuahua gets out one more time and they force me to get rid of her. Although...

So I look around my home at all this unfinished crap and think, Yeah, I could do that or this or...eh maybe tomorrow.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Yeeze Cat no wonder! FWIW I think you're a great mom to sand lil Cat's headboard down and repaint 'cause red's his fav colour. If I were you I'd try convincing him that black was a great colour too to save myself the extra job.

Also AW F#$K man! So sorry you found out about your ex and his now-wife. THAT is pittish indeed {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cat}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Cat))) You are an awesome mom. Screw the ex.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Star Wars day for all the losers out there. I stand with you in loser solidarity.

((((((Cat))))))) You rock, and a pox upon anyone or anything who tries to say otherwise.

So I finished my revisions. Just did the last check through and sent it in to my agent. May the fourth be with me indeed.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Roly, same boat. It's off to agent round three for me on the edits. *passes out at the bar*

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Wish you all could come over to help me--er, I mean, drink maggotinis and eat maggot-chip cookies with me!

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
((Octavia)) on the foot. Ow~.
((Kellion))

Tri, isn't it insane? The crap I think is amazing gets shunned universally. The crap I think is crap gets a wee bit of interest. The lesson here for me is to write more crap. Hey, I can do that! Congrats to you though!

((Cricket))
((Cat)) Agreeing you are an awesome mom. I would have probably spent hours trying to convince my son that black was a very nice color too. You rock.

And I remember how much I loved all the "May the fourth be with you" posts and Tweets last year. I was gone all day yesterday, not on the Internet at all, and I missed them. It's already the fifth here.

*sniffs*

FWIW, May the fifth be with you. (<--fifth of Jack sounds good too).

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! It's Friday. A quiet week, response-wise. No response means no. So no.

{{{Kellion}}} Or, no news is good news. Denial is not just a river in Africa.

The world is mysterious, but at least it's a good mystery today, Tri. I'm in Chicago and tiiiiiiiiired. Ready to crash.

Glad you made it and are already consuming pizza.

Cold and rainy here, but I'm off and getting paid for it (comp time for working on Sunday). Have big plans to work on multiple outlines today. Not fun, but necessary.
Not fun, Ink. But you're getting paid, so YAY!

(((Cat))) You are an awesome mom. Screw the ex.

+1

Yays for Snappy and Roly on revisions.

I've got nothin'. I got a request earlier this week on my ms, and I'm feeling horribly underwhelmed about it. Why do I feel this ms is domed? It's only the beginning, but *sigh* I dunno....everything feels misaligned.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((cricket))) denial is a river in Egypt, doom is just a video game. Keep going, girlie. You're getting requests so something is working for you.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
I write a decent query letter. It's that other part, you know, the manuscript, that's the problem. :D

Ugh, and poor Mariano....

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((Mario))) I'm sorry for what is ailing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.