A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Doc the real world at the moment resembles an animated amoeba. Ghost town is far more exciting.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Reality is just a state of mind, Doc. I've been beta reading for an Awer and editing my non-fic. And doctors appts for my grandbaby, my daughter, and son. I don't often get on except for a little bit at night usually.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what reality actually is any more. I've been working, on my eighth day straight and not off again until Thursday, but then I am away this weekend to Germany and next weekend to Rome. Got another five star review for me as a guide on the tour though. On Trip Advisor

And I was supposed to be doing an interview today for a podcast sort of thing, web radio, about ghosts and stuff but the guy couldn't get his equipment working (insert innuendo here).

I need to start on my WIP thought now I know what needs done, but I need to basically scrap the 12,000 words I have and start fresh and it's a bit daunting, plus my MC, Val, has stopped talking to me, besides telling me he doesn't want short hair. :(

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Been a ghost town in here this past weekend.

I must be missing something going on in the real world. :e2zzz:

There's a real world! And it has a ghost town?:e2thud:

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
I need to start on my WIP thought now I know what needs done, but I need to basically scrap the 12,000 words I have and start fresh and it's a bit daunting, plus my MC, Val, has stopped talking to me, besides telling me he doesn't want short hair. :(

Humph. I'd fix his butt but good. He wants long hair, does he now? I say give him a mullet until he starts talking. :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Humph. I'd fix his butt but good. He wants long hair, does he now? I say give him a mullet until he starts talking. :D

:roll:

Well, greetings from Disney World, all. :hi: I know, I know. But we go other places than Disney. Like this once we went to Downtown Disney. True story.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka
I need to start on my WIP thought now I know what needs done, but I need to basically scrap the 12,000 words I have and start fresh and it's a bit daunting, plus my MC, Val, has stopped talking to me, besides telling me he doesn't want short hair.

Shave his head.

:roll::roll::roll:

I know it must be daunting, Zelenka, but at least you know what direction you want to go in now. (Even if Val doesn't. :D)

Although, scrapping 12,000 words! I feel your pain.:Hug2:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Well, greetings from Disney World, all. :hi: I know, I know. But we go other places than Disney. Like this once we went to Downtown Disney. True story.

Hey I used to work there. Of course, Disney Quest no longer exists. It was right next to Cirque de Soleis (sp). Why would you ever go anywhere other than Disney World? :Shrug:

PS: Have a Mickey ice cream for me, please?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Hey I used to work there. Of course, Disney Quest no longer exists. It was right next to Cirque de Soleis (sp). Why would you ever go anywhere other than Disney World? :Shrug:

PS: Have a Mickey ice cream for me, please?

Oo, what did you do at Disney? And yes, Quest is still there! It's fun. We took the kids last time, they loved it.

Why would we ever go anywhere other than Disney... Hm... All those kids... ::shudder:: :tongue We do love it, but hubby and I are ready to do something adult!

Uh... you know what I mean!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like History needs a mullet or something. :e2headban (You can't see the hairstyle from the back, but you know that's a mullet.)

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
:: Pokes head through door. Hopes it doesn't get shaved. ::

Mind if I join you in here? Real life has been interfering with writing, but I figure it's time to log back on to AW and commiserate/encourage/chill/whatever. Right now real life has been way too real.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:: Pokes head through door. Hopes it doesn't get shaved. ::

:hooray: TheIT is here! :hooray: SO glad you're here. :Hug2: And don't worry, we don't shave heads.

We do mullets!

Mind if I join you in here? Real life has been interfering with writing, but I figure it's time to log back on to AW and commiserate/encourage/chill/whatever. Right now real life has been way too real.

Real life sucks. Hang out with us!

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
Real life sucks. Hang out with us!

Oh, yeah. Thanks, I need somewhere to vent.

So, a not-so hypothetical question. You spend a fun evening with friends and when you return to the parking garage, you discover one of your car's windows smashed in, the steering column in pieces where someone failed to hotwire the car, and your laptop bag missing with your new laptop, your current writing notebook, and the fountain pen you used for several novel drafts. What loss do you feel most keenly?

I must be a writer. Right now, it's a tossup between the notebook, pen, and laptop. &%*#&^(# thieves.

Chocolate, please? Lots of chocolate?

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
Heck with the car, those would be my top 3 too. Any of it covered in your auto insurance so you can at least get a new laptop? :Hug2:

Not sure yet. I've got an appointment with the insurance adjuster on Monday.

Note to self: don't leave ANYTHING of value in the trunk of the car.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

So, a not-so hypothetical question. You spend a fun evening with friends and when you return to the parking garage, you discover one of your car's windows smashed in, the steering column in pieces where someone failed to hotwire the car, and your laptop bag missing with your new laptop, your current writing notebook, and the fountain pen you used for several novel drafts. What loss do you feel most keenly?

I must be a writer. Right now, it's a tossup between the notebook, pen, and laptop. &%*#&^(# thieves.

:Jaw: Oh man. I am SO sorry. That's awful! What kind of horrible person would do such a thing? And to steal your notebook?!! :Wha: Seriously?

Yeah, my big thing would be the laptop. :(

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's awful, TheIT!!! Sorry it happened to you and I sure hope your insurance will cover it all - though some things just aren't easy to replace.

Hey! Namatu! Long time, no see. How're you doing? :hi:

images

Happy St Patrick's Day. It's a good excuse to tuck into extra chocolate. :D

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

*Rushes in with a plate of chocolate.*

What a horrible thing to happen, TheIT!

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score

Disturbing! :cry:

Chocolate's not enough. Someone should find that person and give them a good kick in the... :rant:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
That is terrible, The IT. If I could find a way to email chocolate I would send some.

I'm just back from Deggendorf, Germany, with a little bit of time in Munich this morning (definitely going back, looks so nice there). Was at (should I admit this?) another SF convention there, with the same actor I seem to be stalking round Europe these days, but Munich seemed to have some really good chocolate shops, even in the station. And marzipan. I really miss the stall that was on Wenceslas Square at Christmas with the different flavoured marzipan. I might have to make an emergency food run to Germany!

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Best marzipan comes from Lubeck, sort of near Hamburg. It is sooo good.