Forgot SASE on full to Silhouette

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlhernandez

Registered
Reaction score
So I got a request for a full the day before I was supposed to be induced and, knowing I was soon going to be busy with a newborn, I rushed to get it out to the editor requesting. I'm glad I sent the manuscript since I went into labor that night and delivered a beautiful but very sick baby girl twenty hours or so later on September 2. I've spent the last few weeks in and out of hospitals as my sweet little munchkin underwent a variety of heart surgeries and procedures.

Anywho.

Fast forward to just a few hours ago when I'm going through my submission log and I find an envelope addressed to, you guessed it, me. I'm sort of at a loss as to what to do. Do I call the number on the request letter and ask the assistant if I should send the SASE now? I feel like such a goof!

Any thoughts?

~Maria

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
IMO only

Call and explain what happened. I don't think anyone's going to have a problem with that, and hey, life happens to us all! If all else fails blame the pregnancy hormones :D ( *wishes she had that excuse*)

Hope your little girl is better now, and congratulations!

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
Congrats, Maria! On the full request and the baby!

I wouldn't sweat the forgotten envelope--particularly on a requested full--but if you need to set your mind at ease, I'd call or send a brief email. Just an "Oops, this is what happened...Can you respond by email or would you prefer me to forward the SASE?"

WHEN they offer to buy your book, they're going to call anyway.;)

(((Hope you and baby girl are in the pink now)))

mlhernandez

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I included my email addy on the letterhead so that's an alternate route of contact. But I'll probably just call Monday morning. Surely I'm not the first author to goof like this, lol!

And thanks for the kind words about the kiddo. She's doing much better. One more open heart surgery to go and then she'll likely be golden for a decade or so.

xccorpio

Registered
Reaction score
Maria, since two days ago, I meant to tell you something, but when it comes to important stuff, I’m not that eloquent.

Anyway, all I wanted to say it’s I hope the baby get well soon, and you can take her home.

God bless you both.

mlhernandez

Registered
Reaction score
X, thanks so much. Luckily, we were able to bring Nyx home after 9 days at Texas Childrens in Houston. They are extremely good at what they do and have fabulous success rates and short hospitalization times. We're hoping her open heart full repair will only require 14 or so days in the cardiac unit. Fingers crossed!

LorelieBrown

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Just a personal experience -

I had a requested full go to HQN. Sent a SASE for a business letter, since I didn't particularly need the ms back. They sent it anyway, on their dime, with a lovely rejectino letter. (Which I haven't seen since we moved, come to think of it.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.