Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is about to be released (March 22nd). I'm mulling over whether to get it. I refused to buy AC II because of the DRM that demanded a constant internet connection and a constant connection to UbiSoft.

If I buy a single player game, I want to play it whenever I want - even if I'm far out in the woods with my laptop.

Is this something you'll get?

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Already completed it on PS3. It's bloody brilliant. I hadn't played any of the previous games, so this was a really pleasant surprise.

From what I understand the PC DRM just requires you to be connected to verify the serial when you install it - they have dropped the stupid version of the DRM. You should be able to play it from then on out without requiring a net connection.

I highly recommend it. Probably one to use a gamepad for, though.

-Epic-

Nevermore
Registered
Reaction score
I've played the 360 version, and I second Torgo's statement: it's well worth it. I played ACII before, and Brotherhood made so many little tweaks here and there it sums up to a wholly better game. The combat has significantly improved, to name one upgrade.
Also, the multiplayer is awesome. It's a simple concept that wound up amazing.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I played the PS3 version, thinking it'd be just an overpriced add-on. Boy, was I wrong. Worth every penny.

Lilreeper

Mother of Cats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I <3 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I got the awesome pack with the Harlequin jack-in-the-box. The graphics are amazing and the story is really good. I highly recommend it.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
(BTW, if I have two minor criticisms: the first hour or so is kind of slow and boring, and Desmond is the dullest woodentop ever to waste my game time with his pointless interludes.)

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
They've set up a Facebook app to release a sneak peek of the next game once enough people've liked it. With over 1.5 million likes, it's at 17%. Attention whores...

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They've set up a Facebook app to release a sneak peek of the next game once enough people've liked it. With over 1.5 million likes, it's at 17%. Attention whores...

Someone's finally given me a reason to look at Facebook, let alone think about getting an account there.

I'm not sure whether to thank or hate you, KK.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
They're kind of copying Bioware who did something similar with Mass Effect 2's final DLC, "Arrival" last month.

Guess it's gonna be the hot, new trend with game studio marketing teams.

:/

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Facebook page is revealed. Kinda anti-climatic, IMO, but I do wonder if the Assassin facing the camera is an older Ezio than the end of Brotherhood or not. It looks like the Haga Sophia behind him. I'm pretty sure the other figure is Altair, though.

Thoughts?

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but my local Gamestops didn't have the June edition today. Might have to wait until I pick up LA Noire on Monday night. Though I did pre-order AC: Revelations while I was there. :D

The website has a couple new articles, if anyone's interested: http://www.gameinformer.com/p/revelations.aspx

BIG Spoilers, though. If you haven't finished AC: Brotherhood, be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.