• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

screenwriting critique partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananamelissa

Climbing the mountain of life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
melissa-field.com
I'm looking for a writing partner who is actively moving forward in their career. I have a completed comedy screenplay and one more in the works. I just came from the London Screenwriter's Festival and am now ready and eager to swap work with people. I pitched the idea for the script I'm currently working on and some people were really interested. I definitely want to get feedback and revise it before I put in the industry professional's hands. I'd also just like to develop a partnership with another film writer as it makes the writing experience so much more enjoyable. Please shoot me an email if you're interested. I'm open to swapping in any genre, and if you have a zombie screenplay or you are a zombie that's just a bonus. Here's my contact: arcticmelissa(@)gmail.com

bananamelissa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
melissa-field.com
Hey all. I've finished the screenplay that I mentioned above. Any film writers out there that want to trade work?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since you haven't gotten any replies, you might send a PM to Derek (dpaterso), the moderator of the Scripts forum, and see if it would be okay to post a message in the Scripts forum itself with a link back to this thread.

The trouble with a post like yours is that it can quickly disappear off the new posts pages if no one replies and then it's missed by many people.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Just happened to see this! Easy enough for me to pop the thread over there, leave a redirect, and pop it back here. Hang on... and done. Folks in Script, Stage, and Screen forum can click on the link to follow this thread, if they're curious.

-Derek

Bulletproof

live every week like it' shark week
Registered
Reaction score
I know I'm not what you're looking for, but I'm suggesting this because it doesn't seem you're having much luck. I've never written a screenplay, but I've been a film and commercial actress since I was a teenager, so for over a decade. Suffice it to say, I've read a zillion scripts (indies for my own work, blockbusters from back when I was in the learning phase). I've also helped friends with aspects of their own screenplays, though usually along the hashing out plot points, which I'm decent at. I've read a few books on writing screenplays, but I don't have a film school background, not at all, and the gap in my film knowledge is embarrassing.

It just so happens that someone wants to make one of my short (horror, but not zombies) stories into an indie short, and I begged to take a crack at writing the screenplay. It's a fairly introspective story in some ways, and they want it externalized for obvious reasons. *Gulp* I'm going to be tackling that at the beginning of December.

Just a suggestion, but if you think it'd be helpful, I could give you the feedback I'm capable of (a focus on general story mechanics, character and dialogue). I could read yours nowish, and then you could take a look at my adaptation when I get it done?

bananamelissa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
melissa-field.com
Wow, thank you all so much for jumping on board (I'm on the train so I couldn't help throwing a train metaphor in). I appreciate you guys getting my thread moved around so I might find a partner. Bulletproof I will send you a message when I get back home, I look forward to talking about our projects together!

MyBrainReallyHurts

No, it really doesn't.
Registered
Reaction score
If you are still looking for someone to read your script, I would be happy to do so. I'm new to this forum so let me provide you with my background.

I have written a full length feature. (Drama)
I have written and provided notes on approximately twenty different scripts of various genre's. While I haven't read a comedy script specifically, I still understand the fundamentals of screenwriting. If you would like to read any of the notes I've written in the past, you are welcome to do so. I think you will find that they are honest, detailed, and fair.

If you would like to trade scripts and read my drama, I would be interested in getting a woman's opinion on it to measure the emotional impact it currently has. I have received notes from one person so far. While I agree with his assessment, I would like to get a few more opinions before I begin my third rewrite.

If Bulletproof is already assisting, great! I just thought I would throw my hat into the ring if you still needed assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.