Evita Peron

Andromeda

Registered
Reaction score
Having completed a historical novel on her and in the process of looking for an agent, I'm curious as to what your opinions are on my heroine.

Captain Scarf

Smart-casual Ninja
Registered
Reaction score
All I know is what I have seen in the musical. Actually, I've only seen half of the musical.

I expect most people, in Britain at least, only know about her through the musical.

What do they teach them in schools these days?

Andromeda

Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't taught about her in school at all. I found out about her in a collective biography and decided to research more, watched the musical and an Argentine movie, and formulated the idea to write a novel in 2005, but wasn't able to actually sit down and do it until 2007, when I visited Argentina.

Suse

wants mutant powers
Registered
Reaction score
I only know about her from the movie and the ever trustworthy Wiki ;). You've picked an interesting MC with the controversy that surrounds her, the sinner-saint image. The early death lends pathos/romance. It would be nice to read something that presents the real woman beneath the myth.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
We watched a documentary about her in Spanish class (we did quite a bit of culture and history, from El Cid to Che Guevara), so it is taught here and there in high schools. Evita was an interesting woman, very polarizing. My reactions are polarized, too, but I think on the whole my reaction is negative . . .

OpheliaRevived

Real Men Have Gills
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think that she was in the right place at the right time, but that she was nothing more than an ordinary woman with ordinary flaws. I think there are some parallels between Peron and Marie Antoinette.