Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
This is true!

They're just so much fun to torture and experiment on.

DAN! Nice to see you back again. :D

Sleep is a wonderful thing full of happiness and crap. I miss being able to sleep a full night without my brain waking me up 3-4 times.

DAN!

My cats woke me up at 5 (UK) this morning, and I did a 'Super-Fiendish' sudoku, which made me feel all clever. I'm trying to cling onto the new brain cells for a few more hours.

'Attack the Block' is on TV tonight.

Shall I get some gin?

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Even though I have seen reviews ripping into that, it is a film I can watch over and over again without getting annoyed at it. :)

And Abby, will you please stop calling me a minion. I'm not a minion, I'm a bit more stylish than that...

You can be my sidekick but I still get a cooler costume. :D

Love ya, babe.

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
I dare you to wear that out in public :D

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I don't doubt it. When you do get the costume and wear it in public I demand photographic evidence. Halloween doesn't count. :tongue

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I dearly love evil, hot chicks. They make evil so sexy...and fun!

There was a point in time (83? 84 perhaps) where The Baroness from Action Force (G.I. Joe, for the Americans in the thread) was one of the most dangerous characters in the franchise, and Marvel had a great snake cult thing going on in their regular titles - hell, on television we had Servalan in Blakes 7 before that, then... Something happened somewhere in the dark shadows of pop culture, and those characters all filtered off for about a decade. The 90s were... Ugh.

It is only in the last ten or so years that the femme fatale model, as fashioned from 40's film noir has really been brought back (slightly earlier in Sin City's case, but it was surrounded by so much kibble that I didn't find it until after the decade had been done with). Of course, there are three (and counting) threads about the representation of women in media around AW, so I'm hoping someone is going to explain what went so horribly, horribly wrong at some point...

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Wow, that is an interesting insight into the genre. Never much middle-ground with those characters.

Women are evil and if you don't lock them away quickly they'll rip out your organs faster than a chest-popping alien.

I'm sure that the many people posting in those threads will figure something out.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
good afternoon...it was one hell of a night. a real hell night. lost my wallet (with EVERYTHING in it), my phones and then had to go help my exwife start her car which was in a horrible place on I65 (semis never f'in slow down for anything...she was 150 miles away. Got home at 7 am.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Archery queen dropping in to disrupt the intelligent conversation with the assertion that women can do awesome things like teach archery - but not in a book unless they have a reason or a tragic past.

Only I am not sure how sincere I feel that, actually. I shall have to write and see.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I was taught to fire a BB gun as a kid by a woman. And a few years ago got my ass kicked by a girl (literally, she was - at most - thirteen or fourteen) when I was going through my "if I train hard enough, I can be Bruce Lee" phase. I know not to underestimate women. :)

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I was taught to fire a BB gun as a kid by a woman. And a few years ago got my ass kicked by a girl (literally, she was - at most - thirteen or fourteen) when I was going through my "if I train hard enough, I can be Bruce Lee" phase. I know not to underestimate women. :)

*sniggers*

*goes from sniggering into full blown laughter*

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Archery queen dropping in to disrupt the intelligent conversation with the assertion that women can do awesome things like teach archery - but not in a book unless they have a reason or a tragic past.

Only I am not sure how sincere I feel that, actually. I shall have to write and see.

BRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Totally missed you!

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Damn, that's rough. Never let your guard down with them, the whole frilly, girly thing is just a camouflage for the evil within.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch. My friend is a black belt. Tiniest girl you have ever seen. Hole bird bone sort. But she could wipe the floor with most people.

I've missed me too, Ted! Downside to my work, less net time.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Luckily, I'm big enough that my size negates a lot of skill unless the other person has strength and lots of skill to compensate. Plus, I spent a few years in a Chinese monastery learning the ancient kung-fu weapon Roll of Duct Tape. In parts of China, when they hear duct tape being unrolled, people run for their lives because they know.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Evening Hounds

After a weekend spent camping, I have to say... noises in the bushes at 1 AM when you're wandering off to the bathroom are slightly freaky. Even knowing there's nothing bigger than a squirrel lurking. (Well, maybe a raccoon.)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
good afternoon...it was one hell of a night. a real hell night. lost my wallet (with EVERYTHING in it), my phones and then had to go help my exwife start her car which was in a horrible place on I65 (semis never f'in slow down for anything...she was 150 miles away. Got home at 7 am.
Gah! Sorry, Blunt.

Even knowing there's nothing bigger than a squirrel lurking. (Well, maybe a raccoon.)
If they were our squirrels you had reason to be scared. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.