Official Trailer for Tomorrow When the War Began

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I have seen Red Dawn and it is very... American. So even with a similar premise i am sure this movie will differ.

But seriously, they never figure out who invaded? How? teh author must pull it off given how well the books did but it is hard to imagine.

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
Ha, that video is great - Tasmanians, gold!

I read the books as a teen and it really didn't matter that it wasn't clear who invaded. Given that it was narrated by a teen and the group was focused on surviving it was believable that they didn't know. I just bought the first book to reread - I hope it lives up to my memory of it!

A.R. Starr

Writing Addict & Proud Of It
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenderbard.proboards.com
I hate to say it, but I loathe those books. Partly because they're some of the least realistic things I've ever read, and given I'm a fantasy fan that's saying something. Lawnmower bomb, excuse me? Plus the teens always felt bland to me, not to mention caught in an endless loop of kill, feel bad, have sex, kill some more.

The other part of my reaction is how incredibly rude I found Marsden to be when I met him. It's hard to like a book when you keep hearing his voice in it.