• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Promotion] Bookbzz

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
Bookbzz is a site that wants to help authors market their books. They've only been around a few months. The standard page is free.
From the website:
Optional premium services include:

• Newsletter and fan development and management
  • Email campaigns
  • Pricing promotions
  • Social media promotions
  • Coupon management
  • Reward recommendation promotions
  • Review requests
  • Full author website design, management and hosting
How much these cost is not available until after you create an account and probably list a book. I didn't do this because frankly, it's a waste of my time.

They also provide SocialBook which seems to consist of an annoying popup ad with links to social media. All that for a one time charge of $25 plus $10/mo.

The home page is full of horrible covers. None of the books I clicked on have any reviews. The font they use for the majority of the text on the site is so thin it's nearly invisible.

The site already annoyed me and then a little googling brought me to a discussion on Goodreads.

The only good thing about this whole process was being able to share it with you guys! :)

http://bookbzz.com/

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
I'm not quite sure what separates this from all the other YADS, but the owner is definitely defensive on Goodreads. Then again, no one has posted one way or the other on that thread since 20 Nov, so I'm not sure what's going on there.