The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

carefulwithwords

Registered
Reaction score
OMG I looooove Di#n3 Fr#3d. She was so kind to me when I queried her. In fact, she critiqued my query for me when I was at "rock bottom" last year...with a pile of form rejections on my first round querying. She's one classy lady.

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. She took my partial, read it, and then promptly decided to stop pursuing new fiction. HA! But she said she liked the way I structured the story and that I was a strong writer. I keep that in my heart.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. She took my partial, read it, and then promptly decided to stop pursuing new fiction. HA! But she said she liked the way I structured the story and that I was a strong writer. I keep that in my heart.

Isn't that sort of like dating someone only to have them decide mid-relationship that they're now gay?

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I said that like 300 screens ago. I was like the dude in college who was the last to date that girl before she decided she was a lesbian.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Ambivalent toward the rejection I got today. Normally I'd be a bit outraged that the editor read a 20-page sample, apparently *didn't* read the synopsis, and rejected my mms for being something it wasn't. But I'd already decided to say 'no' even if they offered, because of some truly horrible, unprofessional cover art I saw profiled on one of their new releases.

Saves me the effort of being tactful.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Who all here managed to get into the Cupid's Lit Connection contest? I tried, but I was one of the many who didn't hit send fast enough. (Or my email went through slowly, which sometimes it does.) I didn't want to be early and thus disqualified, so I waited until 11:01. I should have read all the comments about what happened in the first window. :Headbang:

Oh well, there will be other contests (I hope). I shall be calm and consolidated, smiling out loud. Birds will sing, even if they are not blithesome. The experience did not severe my soul. Oovil snetch.

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
Commander please! I got in, but don't hold any particularly high hopes. I'm fairly certain I'll be publicly shamed in some way.....

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The fact that you didn't make it Hathor, grabs my heart from behind (I'm not sure what that means but I think, it makes me sad).

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Could be worse -- I can't imagine anything worse than a daily bath in onion oil, can you? Fearless, as I am dumb, I am sure I will try again. Yodel-ay-de-oo.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Commander please! I got in, but don't hold any particularly high hopes. I'm fairly certain I'll be publicly shamed in some way.....

Oh, stop. You're sounding like my daughter. :tongue Bite back those tears in your eyes, woman!

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
All right, I've got a firm but genital grip now. My fam. is skiing while I'm home with a cold. Back to the laptop and more PAST TENSE!@!!!

Nova Odyssey

Marvelous
Registered
Reaction score
A reject before a submission. You'd think I would have learned from last year,when the same thing happened to me, that Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Award sometimes closes BEFORE the advertised deadline. So upsetting.:cry:

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Nova, is your entry YA? If it is, you might still want to try to upload your entry on CreateSpace-some people on a comment thread were saying they were still able to upload edits to YA entries despite the announcement about the contest being closed...

Best of luck!! :)

Nova Odyssey

Marvelous
Registered
Reaction score
Nova, is your entry YA? If it is, you might still want to try to upload your entry on CreateSpace-some people on a comment thread were saying they were still able to upload edits to YA entries despite the announcement about the contest being closed...

Best of luck!! :)

thanks Hester. It's not YA... I saw the comment board too to see what was going on. Missed the fine print somewhere of "first 5,000 submissions". It wasn't meant, AGAIN... I decided to go back to work this week before transitioning to consulting and a new mom, and had put this aside until the weekend. So be it.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Another list for y'all -- comments by a brave blogger who reads POD books:

http://www.girlondemand.blogspot.com/2006/06/random-notes-to-authors-of-last-seven.html

Hard to pick my favorite. But, for Carleree: "Are you sure slurpgurgle is really a word?"
Oh Hathor, I think "He smelled like tuna" is my favorite.
icon10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.