Horror First Line Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
wow...much to my own horror (ha ha) none of my horror stuff starts in anything where the first line is particularly remarkable. The closest I have, because it is from an old contest and the contest forced you to use a first line of theirs) still depends on the first paragraph to convey any context:

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The world was filled with blood: roiling, boiling, unending sticky redness. Men killed for fun, for money, for sex, and for God and country. Andre Petrovitch was preparing to kill a man in order to protect his daughter, who, although he loved her dearly, was obviously unable and unwilling to protect herself. Protecting her was arguably a far better cause than greed or nationalism or religion, but still, these facts did little to comfort him. He was an old man, and he hadn't killed in years. He had left that behind him. Besides, this time he might not survive himself.[/FONT][/FONT]

LaceWing

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Have you stuck your fingers down your throat? Have you chewed them all down to the second knuckle? Good. Now find a place to spew those bones, and a reason.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Most days, it would be a bad thing to see your own bones.

LaceWing

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
It was a wrongness in the world, so wrong that dogs barked when it came around the corner, lurching and blind but so intent on a destination.

Aaron Wilder

Registered
Reaction score
As he shuddered with the intensity of his climax, he noticed that Diane's leg had started coming off at the hip.

donatos

Registered
Reaction score
Out of so many reasons to be wrong, David X had to find the deadliest one, that of having stumbled onto the truth.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
He wouldn't stop screaming. Oh,well. I've never been one to let anything ruin my dining experience. I cracked his femur open,sucking up the rich and sweet marrow.

donatos

Registered
Reaction score
The pilot looked back at us as the helicopter lurched, something thick and heavy splashed against the front canopy, and the engine's roar suddenly climbed into the high-C range. "Butterflies," he yelled over the intercom. "They're giant frikkin' butterflies."

That was goood

grandmastertuck

Slightly misanthropic troll
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.unearthlyglow.com
I knew it was going to be a bad night when I came home, opened the front door and immediately smelled shit and saw my wife's raggedly severed hand laying on the living room throw rug, wedding ring glistening in the faint light from the porch.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever was in the house with her liked the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.