'Male' and 'Female' writing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
That's very interesting.

For both of my novels, it guessed correctly that I was male. The two main characters in those novels are male. So, I tried one of my stories where the main character is female. For that one, it guessed that I was female.

Different POVs (male vs. female), different results. I'm actually pleased...

The Gender Genie amuses me. When I have a male POV, it comes up as male every time. When I have a female POV, it comes up as female most times, occasionally as neutral.

But I use it more for amusement factor that to tell anything serious about my work.

I also ran some stories through. My humor pieces came up male in a big way. But my one humor piece which I tailored to make females laugh came up female, so go figure.

The rest of my pieces came up male

and I am male

Mel...

gypsyscarlett

Ma fin est mon commencement
Registered
Reaction score
In the past, I've tested out stories on those things and have come up male. So this time I decided to try different posts from my blog. Maybe non-fiction would come up the correct gender.

First, I pasted in "About Me"- where I discuss my passion for literature, art, classic films, Victorian history, and bubble baths. Result? Overwhelmingly male.

Then, I tried my post where I discussed my favorite childhood books: Little Women, Secret Garden, Little House on the Prairie, Ballet Shoes, Pippi Longstocking, and Nancy Drew.... this post HAD to come up female!

Nope. Again, overwhelmingly male.

:Shrug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.