I finally finished my first WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Love

Registered
Reaction score
I did it! I finally finished my first book. It's 77,000 words, and it's everything I dreamed it would be. Well it's OK. I've seen better, but I'm also a pessimist.

Not only that, but I also heard back from one of my beta readers. I was expecting to hear how terrible it was and that I should scrap whole chapters (pessimist, remember?), but she actually didn't say anything negative about the plot. There were some formatting problems and some oversights on punctuation, but she loved the plot and the flow.

I didn't expect to be moving forward so quickly, but there you have it. I worked as hard as I could and I'm about to start querying agents. That is, as soon as I get this darn query letter thing figured out. I'm not letting that part bum me out too much because I'm too busy basking in the afterglow of not having to stay up late anymore writing (until I start that next elusive WIP).

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Woo hoo! :partyguy:

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs and good luck with your next steps!

lottarobyn

Registered
Reaction score
That's great! Congrats!
I find it useful to immediately slide into the next WIP, if you have one building in your head - when I get frustrated while working on the query letter for the finished manuscript, I can turned to the WIP (or vice versa).

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!

(Get a few more posts, and we can help you work on that query letter in the Share Your Work subforum.)

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations and good luck!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Ryan. No feeling like it.:hooray:

Status