Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
yeah. You just pick all the big point in the book. Take UZ for example:

Alex is about to commit suicide when she find herself not strong enough to go through with it, so she decides to get away from all her problems by running away.

Sam has another horrible day at school, on his way home his car breaks down and a random girl helps him fix the problem. That girl ends up to be Alex.

The two meet again when there all boy/all girl schools have an event. The two begin to hit it off and soon end up dating, but there horrible pasts still plauge them every step of the way.

As there relationship grews there pasts end up spilling out and there former and present bullies discover of Sam and Alex's relationship and seem almost set to ruin both there lives.

When Sam's bully Martin tries to rape Alex, to hurt her and teach Sam a lesson, something in both of them snaps.

Leaving all morals behind, Alex and Sam develop a brilliant well crafted plan to the downfall of all there tormentors. Through clever sabotage and manipulation, Sam and Alex get there bullies to take down one another.

The domino effect of chaos leads to rape, murder, suicide, insanity and depression the likes of which even Alex and Sam did not plan for.

In the end as there cover begins to fall through Sam and Alex make a run for it and disappear in the night to start new lives with each other, leaving there remaining defeated tormentors and old miserable lives behind them forever.

Now i wrote that in what less then 10 minutes? See you just take the big important parts of the story and form them into a summary.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
A synopsis is pretty simple. Setup, inciting incident, act one turning point, act two turning point, black moment, act three climax, resolution. Problem solved.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ely.

There are so many children's authors that trying to pick one more (I have Enid Blyton and Lewis Carroll) as classic examples that kids my age would've read/had read to them is hard!!

It's for my feature.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm ok right now. Woke up at 3am and havent been able to sleep since so i'm writing my SNI. I'm at 7K right now. Not bad for only writing it for about 7 hours combined.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yep i know! Hoping it doesn't go much longer then 30-40K, so maybe i'll finish it by monday!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yay!

I love Monroe so much. Seriously. He's probably my favourite character in Grimm.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
have you guys ever read a book, that was really just a lot of talking between the characters?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Still working on my feature and watching Grimm.

ETA: Can anyone think of examples of classic children's books that were originally written for adults? I know there's some, but I can't think of them.

Last edited:

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Well, all the Brothers Grimm stories, I guess? Not sure, though.

What do you guys think of this as a beginning?

This is like the third draft of the first page I've written so far. I know should just write and not worry about it but...grr.

Dad lost the use of his legs. James lost his job. I lost my mother but I guess it was only a matter of time before that happened.

The ocean is the only thing we have left.

It doesn’t belong to us, but sometimes I wish it did. Going to the beach isn’t fun when you have to share the waves with a thousand other people. Colby is a tourist town. People flock here like seagulls from all over the place, just to soak up the sun, and get fake tans before they have to go back to wherever they came from.

That’s the one thing I hate about living here.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I meant Victorian sort of period. I think the Brothers Grimm is earlier.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I like the opening Ely! I think it flows nicely.

Right now Andy and Jake are nerding it up big time. Its seriously gotten out of hand how nerdy they are...

Could you guys tell me if you would understand this and thinks its funny... or is it just me?

“Wanna hear a corny joke?” I asked and she nodded while taking another bite of her pizza. “What did the green grape say to the purple one?” She shrugged and I held back my giggle. “Breath you idiot breath!” She smiled and looked down at her plate. “Really? No laugh? Isn’t the girl always supposed to laugh at the guys stupid jokes?” I asked

With that cute grin she replied “If this were a date yeah, but were just friends, so I can say that was a stupid joke. I think I have a better one. What’s the difference between swine flu and bird flu?”

“Well… swine and bird just state…”

“Jake it’s supposed to be a joke” She giggled and I stopped “One you need a Oinkment, the other you need a tweetment.” She finished and I couldn’t help but chuckle a little. That was so stupid it was funny.

We talked more about stupid jokes we knew, some that dealt with star-wars, and others about science, then moved onto all the dorky pickup lines we had heard.

“Well this is the funniest one I’ve heard. If I were a neurotransmitter, I would be dopamine so I could activate your reward pathway.” I said and her face turned red as she laughed.

“Dirtiest one I’ve heard was If you were oxygen, I would be an alkali metal so I could get in you and explode.” She giggled and I just put my head down.

“Oh god that is horrible.” I mumbled as I looked back up at her. For the first time I really noticed her shirt. It was maroon, at first I had thought it was an old high school shirt for it had the letters SHS on it in yellow. But now I realized it wasn’t from her school. I hadn’t wanted to stare early and have her think I was staring at her breasts.

“You like Buffy the Vampire Slayer?” I asked and she instantly looked down at her shirt. Sunnydale High School Is what her shirt stood for and only nerds like me would realize.

“Yeah, but I’m more and Angel fan.” She replied and I stopped. Just when she
seemed to be utterly perfect for me, she had to say that.

“Seriously? That spin off was a waist.”

“What are you talking about, Buffy was the one that went down hill fast.”

“In what universe?” I cried in shock.

“The highschool years were great, but then when she got into college, it pretty much was Twilight. Angel constantly stayed awesome, and funny, and didn’t turn into a depressive ‘boo hoo my life as the slayer sucks. I want a boyfriend.’”

“It so did not!”

“Were you watching the same show? Yeah it did!” Andy cried and I realized people were beginning to stare.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hahahaha.

ETA: Now I'm watching The Secret Circle.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I didn't suck at sexy dialogue. If I didn't, I could continue with the bondage scene.

I have a song to write it to though: LoveGame by Lady GaGa. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hehehe thanks! I'm really liking them too.

Hehehehe I started watching Buffy from Season One, and am on Season Two now... and i actually have that shirt. It was all on my brain after we all ended up talking about it on here the other day, so i figured I'd write it in.

this ends up being a really screwed up love story.