Is there anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Besides all the social networking, blogging, book trailers, reviews, virtual chats, creating your website, handing out flyers and bookmarks and going crazy twitterin' to promote your book to get it out there?

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
Besides all the social networking, blogging, book trailers, reviews, virtual chats, creating your website, handing out flyers and bookmarks and going crazy twitterin' to promote your book to get it out there?
Speaking at local events and organizations (if at all pertinent). Writing op-eds and the like that tie in to your book (if feasible). Writing bylined articles for newspapers, magazines . . . (with a tag line mentioning your book). Good for nonfiction, anyway. Dunno about fiction.

--Ken

jnfr

Always learning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jnfr.com
Write more books. Every writer I've heard from so far says their older books get more sales when they publish a new one.

Jettica

Superfluously multisyllabic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jetink.blogspot.com
A bit of PR, perhaps? Write a press release about the upcoming release of your book. Send out to local newspapers/magazines, follow up with a phone call. Try and get them to interview you or do a short on the release date of the book.

Bare in mind that most magazines work a month or two ahead. Newspapers, usually only a day to a week ahead (depending on whether it's a daily or weekly, funnily enough).

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
Get local media interested - with a new release like Jettica suggested. I've had my books get local radio, newspaper, magazine, and television attention - which boosts sales.

Even if you don't have a big advertising budget, consider running a small ad in the cheap free distribution papers because they often have wide circulation.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I was in my local booshop, Waterstone's, and there was a lady approaching browsers and telling them about her two books on sale. One of them sounded like my type of thing and I was impressed with her chutzpah and wanted to encourage a fellow writer. Readers, I bought one.

Status
Not open for further replies.