• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[eTailer] MineEye

Glyax

Self-proclaimed Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Still kind of new to this whole world, just joined twitter etc...in an effort to get myself out there. In doing so, I came across http://www.mineeye.co.uk/ (they were offering free membership, figured why not.) That being so, they offered to sell the/promote the Kindle version of my first book The Heroes of Mortalla. Currently I have the book published digitialy through KDP, since I use create space for publishing currently. That being said, does the above site seem legit? Would it be a good idea to try something new and remove my book from KDP so Mine Eye can attempt to promote/sell it on their site?

----

fixed the link i think...

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Getting a "Page Not Found" message when I click your link, and couldn't find the company when I did a quick Google search. Can you correct the link/verify the name?

Writers Choice

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Still kind of new to this whole world, just joined twitter etc...in an effort to get myself out there. In doing so, I came across mineeye.co.uk (they were offering free membership, figured why not.) That being so, they offered to sell the/promote the Kindle version of my first book The Heroes of Mortalla. Currently I have the book published digitialy through KDP, since I use create space for publishing currently. That being said, does the above site seem legit? Would it be a good idea to try something new and remove my book from KDP so Mine Eye can attempt to promote/sell it on their site?

Don't know anything about that site. I just wanted to tell you I downloaded your book to my KU and will check it out! Gotta support my fellow indie writers! Cheers.:hooray:

Glyax

Registered
Reaction score
Don't know anything about that site. I just wanted to tell you I downloaded your book to my KU and will check it out! Gotta support my fellow indie writers! Cheers.:hooray:

Haha thanks :). It is currently my first/only self-published book. Should have the sequal out hopefully by the end of the year...waiting on the final edit.. (enlisted the help of one of my college professors who is also an author, so hopefully..less errors :) )

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the revised link.

I dunno - my main question would be: "how will my potential audience find Mind's Eye?" I've never heard of them. How do they drive traffic to their website, and how much of that traffic results in actual sales? Are the sales enough to offset the set-up fee (or the subscription fee, once the "free" period is over)? They've only been in operation since October 2015, so I doubt they've established any kind of track record yet. (Their silly testimonials, featuring Shakespeare and Stephen Hawking, were a real turn-off to me.)

A cursory search at both Twitter and Facebook turned up nothing, and there are no links to any Minds Eye social media accounts on their website.

They're not a terribly expensive proposition, but right now it looks to me like a waste of money. Their site is built to attract other self-published authors - not readers.

Glyax

Registered
Reaction score
@mrsmig Yeah, the only reason I was even considering them (hence me caring enough to actually try to reach out to all of you busy, much more knowledgeable people :) ) was because right now, other than the 5 days free a month that KDP lets me do, I have 0 kindle advertising for my book (and as I'm getting closer to publishing my second, I'm looking at options haha). I came across them on Twitter via VoiceBoxLive
@Grimnien not sure if that information could help? That account has close to 90,000 followers, but I'm not very well versed in the world of twitter, etc haha).

Chances are I will take your advice and just keep looking, gah, writing is easy compared to this blasted advertising etc world that comes with being self-published hahaha

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
There's a big difference between something not being a scam and it being a good idea. You're suggesting removing your book from a giant retailer with many customers, to sell it through a tiny retailer. A move like that is a good way to ensure your sales never improve, because few customers will have access to it. So no, I don't think it's a good idea. I can see the benefit to them by having books as exclusives, but I don't see the benefit for the authors.