Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Puppy is doing really well. No peeing in the house (scratches at the door to go out, and has since we got her). She's 9 weeks now, will be 10 weeks Saturday. Time is just flying by.

And yes, she's really cute. She's looking like a little bear when her ears flop back - but such a sweetheart! :)

How's the gang your way? I saw a couple Foobat posts last week.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bella (the greyhound with cancer) is doing well. It's all a waiting game for when the cancer moves to her internal organs. Until that happens, she has no clue she's sick. It's better that way.

The Foo is presently playing with Daisy (the pocket beagle). They've been rough housing all day. It's kinda fun. They're about the same size, so it's kinda cute. She's 12, so she's getting tired of it. He's gonna get bit somewhen soon--and will deserve it.

My daughter's remaining cat has major kidney failure now. He lost about 4 lbs in less than a month. We're doing dialysis on him every night. He's regained a 1/2 lb in the last week and his blood tests came back positive (not good, but positive) yesterday. The vet is hopeful that his kidneys might come back. (If you follow the Pud cartoon, he's the cat under the couch--Duuuuude.)

The rest of the Horde is...well, just the Horde.

As for me, the new job is the new job. Same work, but the bennies are still big (walking to work, bigger paychecks, etc). And I like the people better here. I can actually respect the manager here, unlike the one at the last job. Just got to get used to the rhythm of the schedule, y'know?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Glad everyone is hanging in there for now. That a lot of work with the group.

And glad that the new job is going well. Getting a routine and rhythm with things can take time, but at least you're happy ;)

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Puppies are great. Mine is two years old now. She walks me to the door when I leave in the morning, and meets me when I come home. It's like happiness you CAN buy.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happiness is a warm puppy. -- Charles Schultz

My dad always said that anyone who claims that money cannot buy happiness never owned a dog. ;)

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Dogs rule. They rule our house.

Lilly is just friggin' adorable it should be illegal. And she's such a good pup. Never made a mess in the crate or bed. Got the hang of going outside really fast. Now if only she could learn to get along with Toby. Molly gets along with 'em both.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Puppies are the bestest. Mine is only 20 lbs and is one of the cutest dogs I've ever met. But, then, I seem to have a thing for owning really cute dogs.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure my pup will even be 20lbs. Have to wait and see :) lol

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine isn't supposed to weight 20 lbs. He is a pure breed Pekingese, after all. LOL!

When I got my last dog, Amber, the vet looked at her puppiness and predicted she'd get 20-25 lbs. She turned out to be twice that (50) because her puppiness looked more beagle than GSD. Yep, the joys of discovery when owning a mutt. LOL! She was a great dog, and graduated Magda Cum Cute from puppy school. ;)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Mine isn't supposed to weight 20 lbs. He is a pure breed Pekingese, after all. LOL! ...

Yep, the vet looked at this one and thought she'd get to be be 40-50 pounds. But then she also thought she'd weigh 6lbs at 7weeks and she only weighed 4lbs. It really is the hair. She a wirey build with poofy curly hair. LOL :)

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
I got my conversion completely wrong (we work on the metric system)

He's actually closer to 200lbs. He tries to kick the kids off their beds at night, but they've got smarter so he usually loses.

I'm sure labrador's aren't supposed to be that big...

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, no, Sweets, they're not (AFAIK). Housemate had a couple of mixed labs who got up to 90 lbs, and everyone said they were huge. (One was lab/Golden, the other was 3/4 lab, 1/4 dobie.)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Had a purebred Austrailian Shepard that got to be 75lbs. He was all muscle and quite tall for his breed. :)

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
boy this place is dead quiet.

Well, at least it's not quiet because everyone is dead. :D (I have a very dark sense of humor...heh)

Our dogs were always mutts, and all of our pets were always strays. They always found us. I miss them, but we don't have room in our apartment for pets anymore.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
This is my first puppy ever. Quite an experience. Kinda glad I didn't have a puppy as a kid. Lol.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Well, my story came out in Daily Science Fiction, so that's great.

On the other hand, my attempt at red hair to dress as Donna for the Doctor Who party on Saturday went horribly, horribly wrong.

I now have stripey magenta, hot pink, blonde and brown hair. It's... horrifying. I foresee a lot of updos and hats in my near future.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Buzz cut. It's the only answer. ;)

Seriously, you can dye it a darker color pretty much immediately, so you don't have to suffer with it. You just can't do anything to make it lighter for 6 weeks.

My dye job went bad for my daughter's college graduation. I looked like the bastard child of Bozo and Wendy. It made me cry to look in the mirror--but a nice brown dye toned it down to the point where I didn't want to take a razor to my own head.

Hang in there and laugh--a lot.

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
A friend of mine dyed her naturally white-pale blonde hair purple for a music festival once when we were kids - she had pink hairt for a year waiting to grow it out.

My family still call her Flossy (as in candy floss / cotton candy) :)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
My mom dyed her hair road-cone-orange for my gradutaion... but a couple of days before the big day, a woman crashed her shopping cart into a display in the grocery store, knocking it off its base while staring at mom's head. So she dyed it a reddish brown before grad-night. *sigh*

I must say though, between the orange and the second dye, it came out the prettiest red I've seen in a long time for hair coloring. :)

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Seriously, you can dye it a darker color pretty much immediately, so you don't have to suffer with it.
I have very long, very thick hair that has a tendency to get dry and brittle, especially in winter, so I don't want to do anything to damage it further. If I put it in a bun or braid, the freakish color is mostly disguised, so I'm going to live with it while I let the color mellow a bit. Then I'll be going to my hairdresser for a professional fix. It's time to bring in an expert.

Hang in there and laugh--a lot.
Good advice for most ailments.

Status
Not open for further replies.