The Flash (CW) - Possible Spoilers

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Tome Welling returns as Superman... maybe.
http://nerdreactor.com/2015/03/24/superman-flash-series/

Now normally we don’t report on rumors, but this one seems to be based on a semi-confirmation. According to Comic Central City Greg Berlanti talked at a CW Event stating that Superman may appear in Season 2 of The Flash and he will be played by Tom Welling, who is known for playing Clark Kent/The Blur on The WB/CW’s Smallville for 10 Seasons.

Apparently the events of the Season Finale will cause Barry to end up in an alternate universe (the Smallville Universe). Not only that but Cisco and Caitlin will develop meta-human abilities. Now the idea of Tom Welling appearing as Superman makes sense in the context of the story, when Barry changes his mother’s fate he returns to another version of the universe, Smallville introduced us to the multi-universe concept and with Infinite Crisis being a developing story on The Flash it’s not too far off.​

I checked out of Smallville as a regular viewer around season 4-5, but I think it's a cool idea to bring TW back as Supes. I just hope he brings Chloe along with him.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
Tome Welling returns as Superman... maybe.
http://nerdreactor.com/2015/03/24/superman-flash-series/

I checked out of Smallville as a regular viewer around season 4-5, but I think it's a cool idea to bring TW back as Supes. I just hope he brings Chloe along with him.

That is an interesting variant of Flashpoint. Smallville did not have a Flash, but it did have a version of Impulse. It also had a very different Oliver Queen, and a batch of others.

I kind of hope this is true.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe we get to see Welling in the costume instead of the thing CGI'd on him.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I used to like Felicity, but the writers have gotten irritating with how they put her on a pedestal.

Good point. I didn't buy last week's encounter between Felicity and Ra's, to say nothing of the aftermath, when Oliver says he loves Felicity all the more for trying what she did. Felicity needs to lose, and lose big. Then I'll love her all the more for it.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
It was a great episode on many levels. I loved that Iris figured out Flash's identity. Wells' ambiguity about this alternate world he brought about is great characterization. And I'm really pleased Cisco wasn't wearing Vibe glasses.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It was a great episode on many levels. I loved that Iris figured out Flash's identity. Wells' ambiguity about this alternate world he brought about is great characterization. And I'm really pleased Cisco wasn't wearing Vibe glasses.

This. Exactly.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
It took a minute to realize that the flashbacks were flashbacks. They cut from Barry talking about time travel to him seizing in the hospital bed after his exposure to the accelerator. I thought they were going to work in some weird time travel moment right then, and try to explain that he'd gone back into his post-explosion / pre-Flash self or something.

I'll reserve happiness at Iris's revelation until I see next week's episode and make sure they don't just explain her suspicion away.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
One thing that bothers me: How did the shapeshifter know exactly what to say as Wells? Did Wells coach him? I'm willing to roll with it...but it's still nagging at me. What say you: weak writing, or totally explainable?

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
One thing that bothers me: How did the shapeshifter know exactly what to say as Wells? Did Wells coach him? I'm willing to roll with it...but it's still nagging at me. What say you: weak writing, or totally explainable?

Explainable by coaching.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. Mmmmmmaybe. Okay, I'll roll with it. :)

Another question: . Did anyone here catch it?

Yes. Barry asked something like, "You know who I am?"

And Gideon replied, "You are Barry Allen, Commander of the Central City Police CSA and founding member of the....."

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score

I assumed Wells was in his ear, via listening device. It would be the only way to get real time answers to the situations he was in, and it would be the only way Wells knew that the act was over so he could call and taunt the others.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I assumed Wells was in his ear, via listening device. It would be the only way to get real time answers to the situations he was in, and it would be the only way Wells knew that the act was over so he could call and taunt the others.

**nods** Makes perfect sense. Thanks!

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
Hmm. Mmmmmmaybe. Okay, I'll roll with it. :)

Another question: Commenters at TVGuide.com mentioned that Gideon (the AI unit) almost sort of mentioned the JLA. I completely missed that. Did anyone here catch it?

There was a one comic page teaser of that scene tgat came out before the episode. In that Gideon says "founding member of the Justice--"