XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning. Hillz, that video was...confusing.

I've toyed with the idea of using a word processor or something like YWrter or Scrivineratiator, but always seem to come back to MSW0rd. It's like that lover you can't stand, but somehow can't live without....

Uh, hypotheically, of course....

Speaking of writing tools, I got an Alphasmart yesterday. Holy cow. Super recommended for first drafts for all writerly people. Of course I've only used it for one afternoon, but I think that between the Alphie and my awesomely detailed outline, I may kick out this book on time yet. :D

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
My sisters cat was "special." The pee thing was not a matter of "oops, I couldn't hold it" it was definitely, "you pissed me off, now you will pay".

Has that cat passed on? Cause I swear I got some form of reincarnation of said cat disposition in my little orange guy. I loves him but he is constantly piddling on the curtains.

(Oh, look. Finally reached 500 posts...)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning. Hillz, that video was...confusing.

Did you see the one I put on FB with the old men having a dance off...to the DEATH!? It's ah-mazing.

I'm at that rad part of the departure process where people are now either physically clinging to me or spitting on the floor when they see me. Just a few more days...just a few more days...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fen, do you have a date?

:e2brows:

Right now I have neither a date nor a non date. Dr Guy will let me know if he can come over for dinner. A movie is out bc hes having eye issues.

Dire.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Did you see the one I put on FB with the old men having a dance off...to the DEATH!? It's ah-mazing.

I'm at that rad part of the departure process where people are now either physically clinging to me or spitting on the floor when they see me. Just a few more days...just a few more days...

I did not see that. Probably because I am on facebook as little as possible.

Sounds super pleasant to be at your work right now. :( :Hug2:

Right now I have neither a date nor a non date. Dr Guy will let me know if he can come over for dinner. A movie is out bc hes having eye issues.

Dire.

Sounds like a date!

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon friends!

I too have had several cats over my lifetime. Some of the most memorable:

Blackie- tamed feral female, who was bipolar. She would growl when she wanted lovins and purr when she didn't.

Squeak - another tamed feral female (these were barn cats mostly we didn't see them at all until momma started bringing them out to hunt, they were never fully tamed and always outside cats) she loved climbing ladders and running up the back of your legs to sit on your shoulder -- good thing she wasn't a big cat

Kitty- loved to sleep in trees (yes seriously)

my last cat Del- had some issues but she was half Siamese. Had bladder issues and liked to pee on objects on the floor... -_-

Current cat is Olaf (yes he is a Viking kitty) Likes to ninja you. <3s the lazer pointer and is mostly snuggly and cute still. He goes to the vet Friday to have his male parts removed

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Champagne. At least a bottle of it. That is how you get through the last day.

Or even the next few days, if you like.

:e2drunk:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it were me, at that point, I'd break out the single malt that's old enough to drink itself.

Normally that would work for me, but given all we've heard about Hillz' work over the past years, I think something slightly more celebratory and "in your face, former workplace" is in order.

:D

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Me: *sitting at desk, working*

Boss: You're a bad influence here.

Me: *looks up, considers responding, quashes instinct to unleash hell* Oh. *continues working*

Boss: You want to know why?

Me: *shakes head, continues working*

Boss: You said that we shouldn't work on Friday.

Me: Incorrect. I said that we couldn't work on Friday because corporate is migrating servers and we won't have access to any systems.

Boss: Oh, yeah? Well, we can totally do [insert industry-specific action #1].

Me: No. That requires system access.

Boss: Well, then [insert industry-specific action #2-7 and 7b].

Me: All require system access.

Boss: Then we can take all the files out of file cabinet A, put them in boxes, take all the files out file cabinet B, put those in file cabinet A, then put the boxed files in file cabinet B. What do you think about that?

Me: *looks up* If that's your idea of a good use of time, then you are correct, I am a terrible influence on this place.

Last edited:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
If it were me, at that point, I'd break out the single malt that's old enough to drink itself.

You know, I'm not a huge Scotch guy.

Normally that would work for me, but given all we've heard about Hillz' work over the past years, I think something slightly more celebratory and "in your face, former workplace" is in order.

I have no desire to flaunt anything in anybody's faces. Not at work, at least. :tongue

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have no desire to flaunt anything in anybody's faces. Not at work, at least. :tongue

This is because you are nicer than I am.

I would pop the cork right outside the boss's office.

:evil

ETA: And I would not have held my tongue in the above situation.

We shall not discuss how many jobs I have found myself severed from because of my tendency to speak my mind.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me: *sitting at desk, working*

Boss: You're a bad influence here.

Me: *looks up, considers responding, quashes instinct to unleash hell* Oh. *continues working*

Boss: You want to know why?

Me: *shakes head, continues working*

Boss: You said that we shouldn't work on Friday.

Me: Incorrect. I said that we couldn't work on Friday because corporate is migrating servers and we won't have access to any systems.

Boss: Oh, yeah? Well, we can totally do [insert industry-specific action #1].

Me: No. That requires system access.

Boss: Well, then [insert industry-specific action #2-7 and 7b].

Me: All require system access.

Boss: Then we can take all the files out of file cabinet A, put them in boxes, take all the files out file cabinet B, put those in file cabinet A, then put the boxed files in file cabinet B. What do you think about that?

Me: *looks up* If that's your idea of a good use of time, then you are correct, I am a terrible influence on this place.

I love your stories.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wait, when did word processors become retro? Is there a new name for them now? I missed that memo.

Considering they are glorified typewriters in the age of flatscreen pads, yeah, I'd call them retro.

I mean, they date back to the 80's for pity's sake. That's *ancient* by today's tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.