We're all lucky children are small.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I've always been bewildered by the romanticizing of childhood. Innocence. Bah! Much of my parenting style is founded on, "Please, grow an inhibition and a conscience, then get back to me."

Yikes.

...a Genesee Count school district is investigating a plot by three fourth-grade girls to harm their teacher by spreading hand sanitizer on items in the classroom. The teacher reportedly is highly allergic to the sanitizer... because they felt the teacher had been mean to them or had yelled at them.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, that whole "Children are naturally peaceful" notion was invented by someone who'd never witnessed two toddlers squabbling over a toy.

But by 4th grade, I'm confident those girls understood what they were doing was very wrong.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, I'm very glad the other student told someone what they were planning. I don't know anything about hand sanitizer allergy, but I'm very glad that teacher didn't have to suffer the effects of their plot.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
Fourth grade? Bah. By Kindergarten, children are little brats who always ostrasize the disabled/coloured/fat folk and totally know what they're doing is wrong. Just a simple "I don't think them/they're different."

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fourth grade? Bah. By Kindergarten, children are little brats who always ostrasize the disabled/coloured/fat folk and totally know what they're doing is wrong. Just a simple "I don't think them/they're different."
Exactly. It's around that time, they're forming their own microsocieties and not letting other kids into their cliques for one reason or another ("she's a girl and she stinks!" "he's a boy and he eats toothpaste!" "grown-ups are stoopid!")