Not open for further replies.

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
Hi guys,

A friend of mine has received a rejection from Asimov that we both find a little strange. Has any of you received the following:

[FONT=&quot]XXX[/FONT]

The story isn't that badly written at all. I'm a bit puzzled. What do you think? I'm posting [Mod note: link broken] - please tell us what they might mean by 'insufficient language treatment". Thank you very much!

[Mod note: Only one's own writing is allowed in SYW]

Last edited:

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
Thank you, kenpochick. That's the whole problem, it hadn't. The only explanation I could think of is that the opening of the story is written in a little boy's POV so the language is rather simplistic but what do you expect from a little boy's POV? The language gets more complex and literary as the story evolves and the boy grows, but I don't think anyone read past the first couple of paragraphs, and why would they? They probably just thought that the story was written by a little boy.

Problem :)

kenpochick

I should be writing, not on AW.:-)
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm...maybe they did read only a couple of sentences and thought the whole story was written like that.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
The original wording of that rejection letter was very strange. Did you post it exactly as it read, or did you reword it, Fresie? Because if that was exactly what they wrote to your friend, I suspect it didn't come from Asimov's.

Status
Not open for further replies.