December Just Hit Send

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. Checking in again. Did a post each for The Freshman Writer and Flymommy. I also came up with a great idea for a post for The Freshman Writer. I also posted at my portfolio proclaiming that I am a dropout! Check em out my pals! :) Glad to see that everyone is busy with the writing. :) Later!

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Woo hoo! I got my first assignment at a new trade magazine being put out by a publisher I work with regularly on their consumer pubs.

I was at a Disney World media event tonight, and I was utterly amazed at the elaborate decorations RVers put out on their campers over there. I just posted some pics. at Examiner:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2200-Orla...-at-the-theme-parks-Check-out-Fort-Wilderness

They didn't come out great since we were shooting with a video cam in a moving van, but they give you a bit of an idea of how all-out those people go.

Matt Willard

Inquisitor of Zork
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.giantrobotinvasion.com
I finally pushed through and revised my services. Decided to go after speechwriting and punch-up work now. Now I feel like I've got a REASON for cold calling and pitching, which has stopped me from doing it before. Though it's gonna still take nerves. At least I feel worthy enough for it.

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Woo hoo, Jenn, that is awesome!

I found out the trade pub I had an assignment for isn't going to launch till next fall...bummer. Oh well, good titles have been cranking out like crazy at Demand Studios lately so I am snapping them up.

Looks like everyone is busy with the holidays. I hope y'all have a lovely Christmas. Ours will be pretty low key; I'm going to get my present early (tonight)...it's a year-old massage package at the local health club/spa. Hubby is even easier to buy for...he just wants lottery tickets.

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
I've still got my two magazine articles to finish by the end of the year (well, one isn't due until Jan. 4th but I want to have a jump on it). I think I will be done without too much stress, even with keeping up my 10-a-day pace at Demand Studios.

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
Got my only article for this month in on time. (Curve, adopt a foster child.) I'm excited about it because it's the first time I really got to do something good via freelance.

Now I'm on one of my blanket parenting queries, about the new research that shows that your child is not getting enough sleep. I'm counting it as January 2010 because, well because I can.

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't done much other than post the Notable Quotable and a Christmas wish last week at the Freshman Writer. I also planned out my January editorial calendar. I'm not sure if I really want to focus too much attention on the examiner site because alot of that material I'd like to use for my magazine parenting article pitches in 2010. I'm so excited!
Auto - congrats on the article and thanks for doing that. Kids in foster care go through so much. It's nice to see an article encouraging people to adopt them. :)

Mysti

Aurora, CO is my new home!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.awritersnook.com
*Squeaks in and waves*

Hiya friends! Long time no see!

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that SIMON has caught up developmentally with his actual age and tonight - began really walking - having taken 14 steps! His vocabulary is amazing, rounding in at 22 words. He's quite an amazing boy.

Sending wonderful New Year's Wishes to you all!

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
Mysti-
Woo hoo!! 22 words! :) His actual age is about 17 months, right? That IS an amazing vocabulary for his age!

Jenny- CONGRATS!! That is great news. In fact, i was just going to lurk but when I read that, I knew I had to jump in and wish you HUGE SALES! :D

Auto- If you need to interview a parent who will agree wholeheartedly that my child (15 mos.) is NOT getting enough sleep, I'm ::yawn,:: sorry, what was I saying? Oh yeah-- available to help out. ;) Or is this about school age children?

Everyone else, I will catch up later! I plan to jump back into the JHS fray come January... I miss you all so much, and the motivation this site provides.

Dawn

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
:hi:It feels like forever since I've been in here. I've been addicted to FaceBook lately (and, of course, Twitter). I've gotten to the point where, if it's not right in front of me, I forget to come here! Bad Jenn, I know! :poke: I starting with my "rigid" work schedule again starting Monday, January 4th, so the OCD lists I throw up (not literally) are returning. I have to get back on track! So, that means a 6am-3pm work schedule (the kids get off their bus at 3:20pm, so that'll give me time to get their work together, and snacks before the storm through the door -- and, in the mornings, they're up at 6:30am and out the door at 7:15am so there won't be much disruption of the work-flow). I'm babbling. Sorry! I guess I just want to get it all out while it's on my mind . . . and so I can count on you guys for keeping me accountable!!!