Beta Readers/Crit Requests

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I have a, oh, about 1,200-word Lovecraftian style tale; it's for the women-theme antho over at Lovecraft eZine. Anyone interested in exchanging crits? Can always do an IOU. :tongue

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Sooooooooo... Anyone want to help me out with this slipstream flash? :D

Checking to see if anyone else but me understands it. So far it's 50/50, which is not exactly the best odds.

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The password it wants is vista.

It's because it's in SYW, and the password protects it from being google cached and stuff.

It's given on the main page, if you scroll down to Share Your Work and read the description, it'll tell you the password.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a 5500 word modern fantasy story that I think is kind of awesome but would like more eyes on, after a round of revisions. Anyone game?

Simon: Wanna trade? Mine's much longer though...

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
I've got a 5500 word modern fantasy story that I think is kind of awesome but would like more eyes on, after a round of revisions. Anyone game?

Simon: Wanna trade? Mine's much longer though...

Hey Alex, I actually had you in mind for something else in the pipeline that will match yours in wordlength. Send over yours and you can owe me one. :)

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a 5,500 word horror? I know that's asking a lot, but I need some mad critiques on this one. The only feedback I got was from ASIM ("too much detail"), and I don't want to exhaust the scant remaining markets with a half-finished product. Naturally, I'm willing to trade a piece of equal, lesser, or even greater size (but nothing over 7K or my eyes will explode).

kd1984

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.oneperfectword.blogspot.com
Anyone interested in a 5,500 word horror? I know that's asking a lot, but I need some mad critiques on this one. The only feedback I got was from ASIM ("too much detail"), and I don't want to exhaust the scant remaining markets with a half-finished product. Naturally, I'm willing to trade a piece of equal, lesser, or even greater size (but nothing over 7K or my eyes will explode).

Please send it my way because I have something that is about that length that I'd love to trade!

Mari Mitchell

Wet Ink
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alicenread.tumblr.com

I love horror. Send it to me.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Mari, there are lots of stories to read/critique over on the SYW boards. You just need the password: vista

Speaking of which...
Sooooooooo... Anyone want to help me out with this slipstream flash? :D

Checking to see if anyone else but me understands it. So far it's 50/50, which is not exactly the best odds.
It's still up, so anyone is free to chime in. *wink wink*

Also, I have a 3,200-word SF tale set in space if anyone wants to do an exchange. This one needs a slightly quick turnaround since the deadline is April 30th.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Also, I have a 3,200-word SF tale set in space if anyone wants to do an exchange. This one needs a slightly quick turnaround since the deadline is April 30th.
Yes, I'm bumping this up. No, I'm not impatient. But yes, I do need critiques. I always return critiques, so if you have a story you want to exchange, feel free to hit me up.

C'mon, don't make me beg. >.>

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Edit: Thanks for all the trades! Out of dark fantasy. Got some great feedback so far!

Last edited: