Howdy!

TimPeacock

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tpeacock.com
Hey all, I'm Tim. I live in Providence, RI (a recent transplant from Chicago), and absolutely love AW. I've been around as a reader for quite some time, and finally decided to register now that I can actually spend some time on the board interacting (now that I have a job that allows me access rather than trying to view it on my smart phone!).

I've been a writer as long as I've been a reader - that is to say, as long as I can remember basically. I distinctly remember my fourth grade teacher telling my mother to encourage my writing after I wrote a ten page short story involving a murder mystery in response to an assignment to write a one page story of our choice. Writing has only become more pertinent in my life since then.

At the moment, I have a handful of unpublished novels, one of which I've been editing and rewriting since I finished the rough draft in November 2009 during NaNoWriMo. Aside from that, I maintain a personal blog, contribute to a political blog a couple of times a week, and try to read as much as I can when I'm not writing...or working at my corporate job since I need to pay bills.

Since I love bullet points, here are three fun facts about me:
  • I have been a NaNoWriMo Municipal Liaison for Chicago since 2007. This coming November will be my first year not participating there (but I *will* be in Rhode Island!), and I'm a little bummed since Chicago's writing community is seven shades of awesome.
  • I bake cupcakes when I need to destress. At any given time, I have three to four dozen cupcakes around my house.
  • I'm one of those writers that keeps a boring-ish day job so I can focus all my creative energy into writing. What could be more exciting than coordinating sales contracts for a medical equipment company five days a week?! :)

BRDurkin

Trigger-Happy Pyromaniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryanrdurkin.blogspot.com
Welcome aboard! I won't try to tell you how awesome this community is, as you've been around for awhile already. But, glad you finally joined up. Send some of those extra cupcakes my way, and I'm sure you can be my new best friend. ;)

Vampwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristyselliott.tripod.com
Welcome Tim! I've only been here a short time but am having such a good time here! I hope you have just as much fun as I am having! So glad to have you here! :)

writingismypassion

~Charity~
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Tim! I also lingered around the site for a while before joining. You won't be disappointed with the people here. They are very helpful/knowledgeable! Welcome!

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Welcome. What part of Chicago are you from? There seem to be a lot of people on this site from there. I'm a Hyde Parker, but not actually a writer, just an artist. I hope you'll like it here.

V_writes

Testing the waters
Registered
Reaction score
I like cupcakes. Just so you know, if you have any extras.

Welcome!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome back to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

TimPeacock

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tpeacock.com
Welcome. What part of Chicago are you from? There seem to be a lot of people on this site from there. I'm a Hyde Parker, but not actually a writer, just an artist. I hope you'll like it here.

I lived there for six years all over the north side - Lakeview and Edgewater mostly. I lived most recently in Edgewater right by the Andersonville border.

AderuMoro

Registered
Reaction score
Website
adelleyeung.com
Awesome! Sounds like you have a lot up your sleeve that you can teach the rest of us :D I just joined the other day.

I like how you wrote "I bake cupcakes when I need to destress." I have a short-tempered character who goes crazy baking things when he's angry :D Haha.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Tim, glad you finally joined. Good luck with your novels, and cupcakes are always welcomed here at AW. :)

Luis

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Nice to hear life is getting easier and giving you more time to write. I too am an aspiring writer with a day job, and I'm currently getting ready to self publsih my first novel. Good luck in your work.

But be careful, writing is important but try to find a day job that will at least be interesting and fullfilling in some ways. Being in a "boring-ish day job" so you can write is great but the years pass bye quicky. Don't put all the eggs in one basket.

Luis
http://writerinwind.blogspot.com