Another hello.

wintersweet

Registered
Reaction score
Hi--

It looks like I joined a couple years ago and never really did anything about it. Oops! Well, here I am. In the last year or so I've gotten serious about writing again. I joined a local Shut Up & Write group, which turned out to be just what I needed in terms of productivity. This year, I did NaNoWriMo with the goal of finishing a current project. I did, finishing with 82k. Now I'm taking a break from that novel and working on some short stories before tackling the editing and rewriting.

I like to read a lot of different forms of science fiction. I've gotten pickier with fantasy over the years and don't read much swords-and-sorcery, faux-Europe, or urban fantasy anymore. I have a big soft spot for stuff that isn't readily identifiable as one subgenre or another, or that's definitely in a subgenre yet doesn't wear the standard tropes.

My current projects are in some hazy sf/fantasy area, which I guess isn't surprising given the above.

That's about it. Thanks for having me!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

sabindanjoup

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back!
Come to think of it, there's a lot of cross-over between sf and fantasy. :)
I wish you the best with your writing.