Rejection after acceptance of a specific article request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I am really upset in that my article had been accepted and written for a companion piece along w. another article that was accepted and now won't be used. Turns out they are no longer paying for articlesl I know it's bad with the economy now, but it was supposed to be online this month and the next one June. I was counting on these two article payments a lot! Guess I'll have to send them elsewhere, but I never thought this would happen with this particular website. *sigh*. Other publications don't pay nearly as much...

Last edited:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Ack, Susie. That bites. I can only suggest sending them out again. This has happened to me with a few content/client sites--not often, but a few times. I do remember Dollar Stretcher mixing me up like this about nine months ago which really hit me hard after they initially accepted it.

tri

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Gee, tri, wish that hadn't happened. It's just that w. the probs. with howie's health and then to have that happen, it was like an overload of bad luck.Hope you and everyone only get good news and lots of acceptances! Many thx. about me... :Hug2:s

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
thx much,chris. Yeah, it sure was upsetting. I'm kinda over it now, but it still stings... Good luck to you 'n everyone.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
So sorry to hear about this, Susie. I hope another website will be wiser and pay good money for your work :Hug2:

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I've been there, and it bites, but it's just a routine part of a writer's life.

I stopped submitting to pay on pub mags a long time ago, partly for this reason. If a mag wants my article, they pay me upfront, or they don't get it. It stops this from happening.

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Thx so much mclesh, fplk 'n shakey. Means a lot to me. Wise saying! Much appreciation 'n good luck to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.