Newbie alert from far north!

K. Trian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tktrian.wordpress.com
Hi everyone!

Yet another newbie here. My name is Katri, and I write together with my husband under a pseudonym T. K. Trian. We've been doing this for several years now. For some reason writing together really works for us.

We write, broadly speaking, sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. We once tried writing a YA novel, but in the end it didn't turn out so well, so currently we're working on books for adult audiences (well, kind of like, say, Joe Abercrombie's or Stephen King's works are often for adults though teens read them too...). Our heroes are usually heroines. Oh, and we strive for realism, even in fantasy, and tend to get nitpicky about fight scenes xP

Anywho, we are planning to self-pub our first novel, Solus, sometime soon, but suffice to say we're still fledglings in this trade. Learning new things every day! Hopefully here as well :)

Special thanks to admins for creating a Newbie Guide! That was excellent and useful, kind of makes things equal for everyone, so even if you're a long-time boarder, you aren't allowed to be a jerk :) I think one cannot underestimate the importance of guidelines especially on international forums as I've come to learn communication and (im)politeness conventions can mean different things to different people (I'm Finnish. For instance we don't even have a word for 'please').

Thanks for having me and see you on the boards! :)

-K. Trian

Last edited:

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

It must be fun writing with a partner. You can just say, "I don't wanna do this," and push it on the other person. :p

You might want to swing by the Self-publishing sub-forum, and possible the SYW forum.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

We have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

K. Trian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tktrian.wordpress.com
Thanks both of you. Yup, it's nice to co-write 'cause we rarely suffer of a writer's block at the same time ;)

Regdog, I checked the Guide and thanks for the tips!

Dgullen

Ustom Ser Itle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.davidgullen.com
Hi Katri, welcome to the forums.

I've been thinking of going to Finncon, maybe this year, maybe next - it sounds like a great event.

Dave

Griffin Hayes

One evil little baby step at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Katri! Welcome to AW.

K. Trian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tktrian.wordpress.com
Hi Katri, welcome to the forums.

I've been thinking of going to Finncon, maybe this year, maybe next - it sounds like a great event.

Dave

Finncon 2012 would've been so sweet 'cause the theme was the end of the world, apocalyptic and dystopic stuff, the kinds I just love, but then couldn't make it :( well, maybe next year since it's closer to where I live, in Helsinki. Hope you get to go there too!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi K!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. It sounds like you write stuff I would enjoy reading.

K. Trian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tktrian.wordpress.com
Thanks everyone!
@rwm4768: we have a sample chapter of Solus in our blog if you wanna check it out. If you write stories in a similar vein, we (my hubby and I) would be interested in (beta)reading yours in return. :)

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. :welcome: to the Water Cooler!